1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Guys Online

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Madeleine, May 10, 2014.

1. Madeleine

So...I met this guy online and we started emailing each other and then I gave him my number because I was interested after a couple emails, and...I think it was a mistake. He texted me all the time insisting I come see him (he lives 3 hours away) and I told him I'd like to (which was true) but I couldn't this weekend because I had something on Saturday (tonight) which was true. I told him I'd come next weekend, but he replied that he couldn't next weekend, so I told him I'd come in two weeks. But he kept insisting (and we had only sent e-mails to each other for like two days before I gave him my number. ) And one of the things he wrote was "I'm not going to wait a hundred years to meet a girl that I might date" And since when is 2 weeks 100 years? And he's the one who can't meet next weekend...The reason I gave him my number and had emailed him was because he is looking for a girlfriend, LTR, and that is what I want, and not a fuckbuddy...But...Does anyone else have experiences of meeting guys online, and should I be patient and try it out in person, or is this guy off?

2. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If he's insisting that hard, he's probably dangerous.

3. Madeleine

Do you have experience meeting guys online? I mean...All the other guys just want to fuck.

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be careful. This raises some flags. If you want to meet him, he should visit you and you should meet ONLY in a public place. It's common courtesy and he should know that women can't afford to be that reckless.

5. Ony

Ony

Out Status:
    A few people
    If you must meet this dude (and he sounds shady), be prepared to not put yourself in any situation where you are alone with him. In my experience people that are pushy and controlling can play nice in public and turn on the pushiness (or worse) the minute they know they can.

Be careful!

6. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    DO NOT meet him!!! There are WAY too many red flags flying here....change your number...block him from your e mail....and don't give him the chance to hurt you because it sounds like that's exactly what he wants to do. Hopefully you haven't told him exactly where you live....

7. Madeleine

ok, thanks everyone!