1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest size? Shoulder width?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Princess Danica, May 10, 2014.

1. Princess Danica

No I'm not talking about boobs. I'm talking about upper torso size, like width and I guess 'thickness' or depth.

I'm a guy who's in the baby step first stages of transitioning into a woman. Right now I'm losing weight and growing out my hair. The purpose of the post is that I'm worried even after I slim down, my manly chest size and shoulder width will be too large to be passable as a woman, even with breasts. Even if I'm passable to a select few pairs of eyes, it still may make me less attractive than genetic girls with naturally smaller body frames. I'm also 5'11", which isn't tall but also isn't short. I could be freaking out a little too hard about this, but I was still curious to know what other people thought about it. So is this something I should worry about?

By the way I thought maybe this could be apart of the "Expression" part of the forum. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Techno Kid

Someone can correct me on this, but I think HRT could redistribute your body fat in a way that those things might be more pleasing to your eyes. :slight_smile:

3. CommanderMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Danica I know of biological women who are 6'1. Some others I know have thick torsos also. Body types vary whether you're cisgender or transgender. I don't think having broad shoulders would make you less passable.

4. Techno Kid

Good point! ^ ^

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

HRT will re-distribute your body fat, however bone structure stays. I have a slightly bigger build then most cis-females, but I still get hit on daily by men.
    I have broad shoulders, a stockier chest (however thanks to my mother my tatas are somewhat amazing lol)
    I am 5'10'' but that doesn't stop me from wearing heels, I do own a pair of 6 inch ones that I occasionally wear to work, most of my boots have a heel on them as well.
    I do have a toned build, meaning my muscles have definition, just not huge lol

Just remember, Women come in all shapes and sizes (Amazon Amanda is a good example of this, she did an episode of tosh.0)
    while most men will gauge your face first, some will take a gander at your body, some will like it some won't. it's important to love you for you though =)

6. Acm

Acm Guest

HRT will redistribute your body fat to a more female form and you can probably disguise it until then with the right kind of clothing.

7. Manta

My cis-female sister is about your height and has broad shoulders and no waist. She'll complain about finding shirts that fit her shoulders sometimes, but she's never had trouble picking up guys and loves to tower over people in her heels. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just enjoy being you!

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <----- 6'1

So yea... and I'm not even the tallest girl here.

9. Princess Danica

Wow... you guys are awesome :slight_smile:

And yeah I knew about the HRT fat redistribution, but I was talking more about bone structure like Claudette said. Shoulda mentioned that in the first post :eusa_doh: And really? 5'10" AND heels!?! Lol more power to you, truly, but I'm not sure I have the courage for that :icon_sad:

But thank you all! Reading your replies has eased my mind a lot, but not completely. I'll probably always be a little sub-conscience about it, but life ain't perfect right? Anyway thanks again and I'll try to keep my chin up! :slight_smile: