1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to find a label, then accepting it's absence

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by maracont, May 12, 2014.

1. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I've struggled with my gender for the past year, and finally realized its a pointless battle.

I have male mannerisms, but I reject masculinity.
    I feel very feminine sometimes, but in normal life I'm basically asexual.
    I call myself a woman, as that's the only thing I feel when I feel anything, but no one takes that seriously because I don't act in a way that they see as female.
    I call myself Brett or Mara, it doesnt matter.

My gender orientation has no label, because its too complicated for even me to understand, but that's perfectly fine. I realize this now. I think that if someone would want to understand my gender, we would already be acquainted enough for them to understand me complexly, a simple label would just make people misinformed.
    I guess I just don't care.

That is all.

2. ErenJaeger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could have that mentality. I guess the world would be an easier place to live in if nothing had labels, but so many people seek labels out to feel like they fit in. I am currently wiggling between genders and I suppose I'm in an area of no label at the moment, and I hate it xD I admire your mannerisms on the issue.