1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

basically, people suck.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by stormborn, May 12, 2014.

1. stormborn

this is just me ranting about stupid people and life. i don't know if this was the right place to post it, but oh well. just needed to get it out.

so, i'm sitting on the bus today, on my way home, just as i am every other day. i'm spaced out, listening to music, not really paying attention. these two kids (maybe 15 or 16, i'd never seen them before) are standing in front of me, and they're talking pretty loud and glancing at me, but i wasn't paying attention (i'm used to getting the "is that a boy or a girl??" look). then the lady next to me taps me on the arm, and points to these two kids, who are now looking at me, and had apparently been trying to get my attention. i took out my headphones, and one of them said: "hey, are you a guy or a girl?"
    i said, "what?"
    he said, "are you a guy or a girl?"
    i said, "what the fuck?"
    they laughed, and the other said, "have you got tits or not?"
    and i said, "why the fuck do you care?"
    and she said, "just tell us. it's not that hard a question."
    and i said no.
    she said to the other kid: "it's an 'it'."
    and they laughed.
    they got off the bus at the next stop. unfortunately the bus was silent, so a lot of people heard this, and were now giving me the pity look. the lady next to me turned to me and said "i'm so sorry, what assholes."
    and i said yeah. and then i put up my hood and turned up my music and went home and kicked some stuff.
    i'm so pissed off. i'm pissed at these bigoted idiots and at myself for letting this get me down so much. i'm pissed off that i couldn't even answer them -- i know what i am, there was no one that i know around me, but i couldn't get out that i'm a guy. i'm tired of this androgynous bull, and i want to just be seen as a guy. i'm so impatient and claustrophobic, with this tiny city and these ignorant people. i just want to move away. but unfortunately, that's still months away. i just wish i could skip all this transitioning and coming out crap, and just be as i want.

just,
    ugh.
    :bang:

i went pennyboarding for two hours and now i feel a bit better. in fact, i think i might go out again.

2. ocguy1126

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey. Those kids were real assholes to you. That's terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that...there's not much I can say, but stay strong.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I'm sorry. Yeah... one time a guy called across a classroom 'hey he-she!' to get my attention and people laughed. So, yeah, I know how you feel and it sucks.

(*hug*)

4. Just Jess

(*hug*)

In situations like that, if it makes you feel better, if you had something witty and stinging that gets the point across, and you are anything like me, you would still feel terrible because they are just kids if you had actually said it. You really can't win.

5. stormborn

thanks friend (*hug*)

it sucks that this is something we all have to go through. let's find an island and get away from all the dickheads, yeah? :lol:
    (*hug*)

---------- Post added 12th May 2014 at 08:47 PM ----------

i can usually barely speak in situations like that... but yeah, maybe i'll try to think of some sort of response or retort back. you're right, there really is no winning. (*hug*)

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's book it, mate!

[​IMG]

7. Manta

(*hug*)

I'm sorry man, that really bites. Try not to let it get to you any more than it has. Something to cheer you up...

"How can you get four suits for a dollar?
    Buy a deck of cards"

"What clothes does a house wear?
    Address"

"What did the necktie say to the hat?
    You go on ahead, I'll hang around for a while"

...I really should cut it with the corny jokes, but I hope they help. I'm a corny person, but in the words of Rodgers and Hammerstein, "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad." (*hug*)

8. stormborn

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh my god never stop with the jokes. i love corny stuff. the address one cracked me up. thanks man (*hug*)

9. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Hah, I think you just won the internet.

:eusa_clap

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :wink: I do my best to please. And honestly, the thought has occurred but after careful research was determined not to be feasible. C'est la vie, eh?

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (hugs)

Kids these days are a bunch of shit eating fuckheads, screw 'em.

12. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to be really androgynous when I was a teen. At school I got teased and asked if I was a boy or a girl. I got fed up when some punks asked me the same things.

Kid #1: "So what are you, an it? A he-she? Or a she-he?"

Me: "I can't tell if you're curious or assholes. Or maybe a curious assholes?"

Kid #2: " I guess you're an "it"."

Me: I guess y'all are ignorant assholes. At least I figured you out. Have a great day.

13. Monika the Diva

(*hug*) All i want to say is fuck those god awful kids. If i were on that bus with you i'd beat the living fuck out of them. :tantrum: But anyway, i do agree people suck. But in this situation being the person that i am i would've stuck up for myself slapped the shit of that kid. But you are a better person than me. But hey transitioning is part of the process and dealing with pieces of shit like that also is part of the process. And once you pass these awful moments the good ones will come you will enjoy them. Just don't tell two this insignificant insects dampen your mood.

(*hug*) Just remember i'm here to support you along with everyone else here. :slight_smile:

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    - i know what i am, there was no one that i know around me, but i couldn't get out that i'm a guy.

So I've got some major problems with this statement! MAJOR!

You look my dead in the monitor and tell me that if you'd said "guy" they would have left you alone.

You can't because you know damn well they wouldn't. They weren't asking out of curiosity otherwise they would have apologised for offending you, not called you an 'it'.

If you'd have said you were a guy they would have called you out and made you feel worse.

This wasn't an opportunity for you to shout "I'm a guy" to the world. This was them trying to make you feel bad about yourself. You tried to disengage and they latched on. It was none of their business anyway.

15. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry to hear that happened stormborn!!
    Unfortunately, while a lot of the younger generation are more tolerant and understanding, there are also more stupid assholes with their "swag".

(*hug*)

16. Story Jinx

17. stormborn

(*hug*)

:lol: yeah i've got toothpick arms, me hitting them would feel like a fly trying to beat them up. but thanks (*hug*)

yeah, i get it. i'm just frustrated in general, and i just kinda funnelled it towards this. my complete inability to stand up for myself pisses me off, but i just can't. i guess that's what i was getting at.

thanks friends (&&&)

18. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, i get it. i'm just frustrated in general, and i just kinda funnelled it towards this. my complete inability to stand up for myself pisses me off, but i just can't. i guess that's what i was getting at.

That's what I mean, you DID stand up for yourself. You asked them why the heck it mattered to them. You could have burst into tears. You could have run away. You could have done a million different things, but you didn't. You stood there and asked them what the fuck difference it made to them. You called them out on it.

They didn't back off.

Don't beat yourself up and tell yourself that you failed here. Even if you had said "I'm a guy" with all the force and conviction in the world they wouldn't have backed off because that isn't why they brought it up.

19. stormborn

i guess you're right. thanks, friend (*hug*)

20. Emulator

(*hug*) I get that so much. Some people won't even speak to me because I can't tell them my gender. Either that, or I get called he/she or tranny or it.
    Pay no attention to them, it's who you know you are that matters. :slight_smile: