1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For ftm's. Could you go through pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yannick, May 13, 2014.

1. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't most of us keep our uterus anyway? I am pre-hormone and everything so I could get pregnant in normal ways if my body works normally. I hope no one find this offencive. I don't mean to offend. This is just been in my mind lately.

So yeah, I have been thinking about this. There is cases of transmen being pregnant and delivering a child. I would like to have kids one day. They don't have to carry my genes really but I would like to have kids anyway. I have been thinking if I should try to have a kid of my own before making any physical changes. I am now 25. I am young still but people are starting to reproduce in this age. I just don't know if I could really do that and how if I wanted to. I have a cis-male partner but he wouldn't want his child to have two biological fathers (Sounds very scifi by the way) and we are likely going our separate ways anyway. I don't want my kid to have a broken family if I can avoid that.

I don't know if I could do it but it might be possible. Pregnancy would be so superfeminine thing but I can imagine I could carry a child if I was a cis-man and it was possible so the mother would not have to suffer all that pain. It's my nature somehow. Why couldn't I do it now?

Breastfeeding is also a thing I have been always thinking. I know I can't do it. Just can't. I could use those pumps so my offspring could have some but really... The thought is horrible for me. I hate my breasts too much. Maybe it could help if I knew I could get mastectomy after I gave up breastfeeding. Then it would feel like they do not even belong to me. But in real life it's just won't work that way. I had once milk coming from my breasts. It was a side effect of medicine I took. Rare but it can happen. I just basically stopped living in this world... That wouldn't be good if I had a kid.

I know I would be a good father. I am a caring person and I am a good listener. I never get angry and I find good solutions to situations. I would be a good parent, I know it. Just the reproducing process feels horrible. I also want to start taking T soon but having a child would delay the process. It's a lot to consider. And I would really be happy with kids that are not biologically mine.

2. Sarcastic Luck

Nope. Not only does pregnancy gross me out to the point that I can't look at pregnant women, I absolutely despise children. It's been a desire of mine since mid-teens to not only not have kids, but to be sterile.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like you, I absolutely want to have children. This has never been a question for me. Even if I never find love, I will adopt or use a surrogate. I've wondered, also, if I could go through the process but the answer for me was a resounding 'no.' There's no right or wrong about it but for me it would be emotionally damaging as I cannot have my body treated in a female way. That said, I have considered freezing my eggs so that I could use a surrogate later if I decided to do so... I am still considering this, actually.

I can't tell you what to do with your body but just consider that pregnancy is a long process and that if you get crazy dysphoric at 4 months, you're stuck. If you don't think that would happen or feel that you could get through it, why not? Like I said, there is no right or wrong... except that you are too young. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Calix

No way I could do it. This is actually the reason me and my bf broke up. He was willing to stay provided we could still have biological children. Pushing aside the huge commitment i would be making to a ton of stuff i wasn't ready for if I had agreed, I could never carry a kid. And he couldn't adopt. So stalemate and we broke up.

I have considered freezing my eggs and surrogate as well. Seems like a good idea. Since my interest is more in guys than girls, and maybe they'll like the choice? Will just have to wait and see how life goes.

5. Sarcastic Luck

I won't freeze my eggs. If I decide I want a kid at some point, however unlikely that is, I'll adopt. However, I don't see that happening.

6. Caillin

I could never go through pregnancy it would be too dysphoric and for what I dont even like kids. Plus the thought of the certain way you have to have sex to procreate doesn't sit well with my comfort level.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, the path will be determined more so by my relationship status. If I never marry, then I'll probably go the surrogate route as it's less costly and more legally stable for a single parent than adoption (because the child/ren would be mine biologically). If I do marry, then there are a lot of options; my wife could have the kids either with sperm from a bank (not someone we know - no other "father" lurking around -.-) or if by then they've figured out how two bio-females might procreate together, awesome! Adoption would be another option - I love this option, too! And then surrogacy would remain an option if my wife were unable/ unwilling to bear children. If I were to marry a transgender woman who had frozen sperm or something, the surrogacy thing might be the best option - would seem a bit like a cauldron, though, a really weird cauldron in which the guy puts the eggs, the lady puts the sperm and out pops a baby! I bet the surrogate would just be like: wait, what? :lol: Ah, life... so beautiful! :slight_smile:

Kids are awesome. I don't really care how I get them other than not having them myself. *sigh*

<<< wants kids desperately.

Yannick, I think that both of us are hearing the 'ticking.' For me, it sounds like a siren at this point but there's nothing that I can do about it for at least 6-7 years.

8. anonym

anonym Guest

No. Never. It would be too dysphoric.

Luckily, I don't want kids and never have done. Maybe it's because of me being on the autistic spectrum (though not yet officially diagnosed) but I don't believe I have the capacity to love a child, whether it's my own or not. In fact, I don't think I am capable of loving anyone or anything. I am very cold and uncaring. I don't mean to be. It's just the way I am. So when I see other people in relationships or with families and think I am missing out on something, I remind myself of this and it puts my mind at rest.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would never be able to go through a pregnancy. I don't want children right now, but if that changes, I will adopt children.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There are trans guys who have given birth. But please think long and hard about the process of pregnancy and any negative emotions that might pop up.

11. Manta

I don't think you're too young for kids. My mom had my sister at 26 and me at 27 (that close in proximity is not a good idea, however. She experienced many complications with me).

I really like kids, and my sister plans of having children, so my plan is to be the doting relative that spoils her children rotten. As for my own, giving birth? NO. Surrogacy or adoption? That would depend a large part on my partner, assuming I ever have one, but I wouldn't want to raise any kids by myself.

12. stormborn

i've always said i'd rather adopt, for reasons besides not wanting to go through pregnancy, but that definitely factors in. i'm going to be the one to spoil all my friends' kids (my siblings have sworn they hate kids and never want them).

i love kids so much. i work as a nanny right now, and i love the two kids to death. but i don't ever need one to come from me :slight_smile:

13. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 26... :tears::tears:

<<< grad school = no kids soon... :tears::tears:

14. Minnie

Iiiiii don't think I would want to be pregnant. But that's just me :slight_smile:

15. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I share Sarcastic Luck's sentiments.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too much dysphoria, so no.

17. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Literally exactly what I was going to say thanks.

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh god no.

The idea makes me want to vomit, lol. Now, I say this as a guy who finds pregnant women to be absolutely adorable and glowing. I might have the equipment. But I'm sure as hell not gonna use it. I'd be way too dysphoric and miserable to begin to think about being a parent.

Plus, I kinda have a thing about being on a hospital table with people staring up my gonards. Not gonna do it.

Should my partner and I decide to have a family, we're probably gonna adopt. Or, if they're FAAB and want to carry, then that's fine with me.

19. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ehhhhh, nope.

20. Acm

Acm Guest

No, the idea makes me really dysphoric. When I was younger I used to have intense nightmares about getting pregnant. I can't even stand to look at pregnant women :confused: