1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who am I...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by collinbandman, May 14, 2014.

1. collinbandman

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I am a 17 year old gay male. I think. I know that I am male and i'm ok with with that. However, I believe that I would rather be female.
    In many aspects, I have always considered myself to be "one of the girls." People tell me that as I was growing up, I had very atypical behaviors and interests for my born gender. I was the one that played with dolls instead of cars, stayed inside and played with mommy's hair instead of going outside, was interested in the arts not sports. I know this isn't exactly 100% signs or anything but i always just shrugged it off and said i was more feminine. But now I'm really thinking and I don't know how to feel anymore.

If anyone at all has any advice or would be willing to talk to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Collin

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some females are tom boys females whith male characteristics but still females so why not the other way around.

3. Story Jinx

you can be a very feminine guy, or you can be another feminine gender..
    You'll have to figure out :slight_smile:

How would you feel if you were called a girl?

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Collin

Just trying to understand, is this more to do with your lack of interest in "typical male" activities and pursuits, or is it because you feel trapped (or however you prefer to describe it) inside the wrong body and wish to change your gender in some way? From the opening sentence of your posting there seemed to be a question mark about your gender, followed by a quick correction when you said you are actually okay with being male. Can you clarify?

I think happydavid made a very relevant point about female tomboys and what may be the reverse scenario in your case. Having more feminine interests doesn't necessarily equate to a gender crisis, even though it may seem confusing.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

You might just be a feminine guy or you could be trans. Do you just like girl things or do you want to be a girl? Do you wish you had a female body or went by female pronouns?