1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want be trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wasd, May 14, 2014.

1. wasd

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm mentally unstable enough as it is and I can't go through this. I don't want to be seen as a freak by everyone and myself. I just want to be a girl.

Why does this exist?

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    No-one wants to be trans.

However, you're not a freak. You just screwed over at birth, like we all did.

3. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it exists because we are never 100% male and female but most people don't see it. They think you can only be red or blue but not purple and inside your head you can't be anything other that is seen from the outside. Why should there be genders socially? What does it affect really? There is societies that have more genders than one. Like Bugis. Gender in Bugis society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't want to be trans either. :frowning2: I am a man but whay can't I be happy as a tomboy or butch? I don't know and it makes it worse. Deep down I don't know how to explain this. I just know this is real.

4. Minnie

Hm, not sure Miiaaaaa, there must be some people who like being trans? :/

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe but I'd say the vast majority of us would like to have been born our desired sex.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...being trans is better than being completely unaware or in denial...but you know, it's not like it has a lot of redeeming features...

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I like to be trans. The problem is the society.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... that is true too.

9. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I figured out I was trans, it really made me feel better and I can actually be happy now. It's because my life finally makes sense, I make sense. Not because "yay, I'm trans" but "shit, I'm a dude"

Two totally different things really. Yes, I wish I had just been born with the right body, but being trans is the next best thing.

I've had a lot of thoughts about not being able to go through with it, that I'm not strong enough mentally or emotionally, and that it would just be easier to give in. But that's when I remember that's what I've been doing most of my life and it only made me miserable and angry.

It's better to be trans than live a lie.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Nah, I don't like being trans either. If I had a say in the matter, I'd be a cis guy born with everything I was supposed to and that would be that.

But, alas. C'est la vie.

The best any of us can do is try and make things better with the resources we have. If that means transitioning, go for it. If that means updating your wardrobe, there you go. If that means finding accepting people, search away.

You didn't ask to be trans so it's not something you can blame yourself for being. That's your reality. It's how you were born and it's how you're living. Nothing you should be shamed for. And regardless, if someone could choose to be trans, it's not a choice to be shamed for either.

Hang in there. (*hug*)

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I concur, I feel alot better after accepting myself as trans then trying to live as a guy, a lie a prisoner inside my own body, whatever you please.
    Do I wish I was born a girl? You bet your arse I do. But it can't be changed... What can change is what I am now. Will I go through 2-3 years of public shunning and ostracization over it? Hell yea... Because even though I'm still early on this journey I'm happier and happier with my progress every week. I know that at the end I'll be just be so happy! My mother says that it is because "God isn't perfect, he makes mistakes, with you he put your female soul into a male body"
    However every person on this planet has their own Crucible to go through, though the severity and difficulty of it varies, "This is my story" this was the hand I was dealt in life so be it, regardless of how bad it was I will do my best to make it the best

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the life gives you lemonade approach Byron and Claudette take here.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a "grumpy stumpy" when it comes to my outlook on me being trans. Sure it sucks and if I could be cis, I'd jump on that and I have moments where my internalized transphobia really shines; but it's really just pointless to beat myself up over it and I might as well turn that negative energy into something positive and help it mold me into who the guy I should have been from the start.

I recall submitting to a trans quote blog about how I was told when I was a church goer that before we meet our mothers, we meet with God and our lives are planned in advance (if the idea of God's Plan is true).

With that in mind, some of us are given higher mountains to climb, more difficult puzzles to solve, and harder challenges to conquer. Some of us are just given heavier crosses to carry; and that's how I see being trans as sometimes. There wasn't so much a "mistake" (assuming God is without imperfections), but a call to some of us to take on a task more tough than some can endure. I remember sort of bringing it to a close with something like "perhaps god separated me from my manhood because he knows I'm strong enough to find it on my own".

It's an interesting way to view the situation, especially if you're spiritual or religious. I'm not, but it was a thought that came to mind.

14. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't like being trans either :tears:
    Every day I wish I could be a cis guy but unfortunately that's not possible.

15. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, it's a good approach.
    While no-one wants to be trans, it's better to change into your real gender than stay as the wrong one. But if it were possible to choose, no-one would want to be born in the wrong gender and have to change. At least that's what I'd assume.

16. wanderinggirl

You guys and ladies are all beautiful and I'm so glad you're in the world. The world would be boring without everyone across the sexuality and gender spectrum

Just sayin. <3 <3 <3

17. Claudette

Claudette Guest

You sound like my Mother here lol

18. Kat 5

Where does Cave Johnson come into play here? Oh wait. Me.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lolwut?

I'm dying to know what little Kat looks like at some point.

20. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    |||
    |||
    |||
    \ /