1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning and Needs Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by theaterboy, May 14, 2014.

1. theaterboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So for a while now I have thought that I was gay. just gay. But recently a found a dress in a closet (how ironic) downstairs. I had this impulse to try it on. When I did it felt wonderful! I spun around and got this rush of excitement! When I was younger I dressed up in girl's clothes a lot and went as fairies and things for Halloween. But I never felt wrong in my body until now. I have put the dress back on a couple times after and it still feels amazing. Does this mean I'm trans?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it means you like wearing that dress.

Seriously, it sounds like I'm being dismissive or perhaps even elitist, but hear me out.

I have no idea what goes on in your head. In fact the only thing I know about you is that you really like that dress.

Let me ask you this.

I'm going to tell you something about myself, and I want you to answer the question that follows.

Sweet holy DAMN Lamb Korma is better than sex. SOOOO GOOD.

Question: Is Indian food my favourite type of food?

I hope the answer to that is anything other than 'yes'. There just isn't enough to go on. Even I couldn't figure it out from just that!

My point is, that if you think you might be trans, then explore the possibility. If you need somewhere to spill your guts and order your thoughts no matter how weird or silly they might seem, you can do it and we will read them and try and help. Just don't try and make your mind up about it based on ONE THING. :slight_smile:

3. theaterboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok! thanks a lot, this was really helpful!