1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CoffeeBean, May 14, 2014.

1. CoffeeBean

I have recently (in the last year or so) began to consciously question my gender identity. I was simply on tumblr one day and stumbled upon the term genderqueer. I felt intrigued, so I searched it up, and learned that there are oh so many other terms. For a while I thought that androgynous was the best fit, but I realized that I had definite feminine, masculine, and I-don't-really-care days. So I found the term genderfluid. That fit, and I think that it still does, but I don't know if these feeling are really truly mine or if they're gleaned from my surroundings. I think that they're genuine, but I still doubt myself. Has anyone else felt like that? For any of the things I asked about?

2. Stacy in MA

That sounds awfully familiar to me! I feel pretty sure about the genderfluid part but am still a bit up in the air about the rest of it - I feel like I want a second word to describe the gender 'space' I am fluid within. Someone else here at EC talked about feeling like both male and female but also neither male nor female both at the same time and that really rang true to me. While I present male most of the time (I sometimes present female, and occasionally in-between) as far as I can tell I FEEL slightly more female than male most of the time and probably swing between mostly female at one extreme and somewhat more male than female at the other. Any of that sound familiar to you?