1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A word to the wise (Proud to Inspire!)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Claudette, May 14, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I just want to take a minute to talk about "me". Sorry if this goes in the wrong place... but I feel I should just let it out anyways lol

Alot of you whom know me should knew I made the transition to full-time pretty quickly, I hope this serves to inspire my fellow community, however at the same time I just want to convey that I don't feel you all should rush such a big step.

I did it because I was so tired, both emotionally and physically of living a big lie. Was I ready physically from HRT? probably not, I went full-time only after about a month on the stuff. Do I have regrets about transition so early? no

Transitioning is such a big step and you should think carefully before taking the leap if you are emotionally ready for such a change, I presented my female self to my therapist on my second visit, and it took some courage on my part, however alot of it came from this community and my BFF. During my first month of transition I definitely got a ton of "looks" and not the friendly ones, the ones that said "what the hell is wrong with this guy"

as such I would love for you all to be inspired by my story but also learn from it, and never forget that this Community will be one of your strongest allies in finding the courage, the strength, the motivation to break the chains that bind you to a lie, lifting the veil of a masquerade forever.

Thank you EC community!

2. Manta

(*hug*)

Thank you for writing that!

3. Monika the Diva

Claudette, I may joining you soon on that similar journey. I have been through a fuck load quite myself. I have the support of everyone here. And i want to know what happens with you on your journey i want to get an idea of what's in store for me since i plan on seeing a gyno that will help me with my transition.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you beat me to my therapist by 1 visit.

As far as the full transition, you got me beat by miles/days/whatever unit of measurement.

Frankly until I can get my position at my work right, I'm not sure hrt is really an option... I wish. But your words ring true.

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Munyal

Yay! That is heartwarming!

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing your story. :slight_smile: I want to reiterate that it's important to remember that we must all travel our own paths; what works for one, may not work for all. Transition, be it social or medical, takes time and patience with others as they struggle to understand and accept and especially with yourself. No one is alone here and no one is judging your journey. There is no "trans enough," there are only people who all deserve the same measure of happiness as everyone else.