1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity(Who am I)?? trans??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by daytodayblahs, May 15, 2014.

1. daytodayblahs

I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't done anything like this before so am I supposed to just vent or what?
    Guess whoever is reading this I'll fill you in a little about me.
    I was born a female but ever since I was younger I dressed/acted like a boy up until the age of 15ish/16 when I was allowed to date. I started dressing like a girl, doing my hair, nails, makeup. I liked it, I still like it but a part of me (a big part of me) feel like it's just me playing house as a boy??? Does that make sense???? I've dated boys, and I've dated girls but what makes it more confusing for myself is I don't like girls, and I only like boys a little bit. I feel like I am a boy because anyone who doesn't know me in person knows me as a boy. I choose "male" in the gender choice whenever I'm asked to do so and I just don't feel right choosing female. I feel like I'm lying!
    I sometimes think maybe I'm transgender but then I say no, I'm just male stuck in a females body but I feel dumb because isn't that what transgender is?? As a guy I feel like I'm coming out; it's like I've held who I am back for so long that it hurts and I want to cry. I'm scared to change though. To leave the body I'm comfortable in and face the world. I'm scared because I think I will regret it. As a boy, I have a boyfriend. He doesn't know I was born female because I feel like there is no need to lie about who I am. Is this wrong??? I don't know what I am or what I'm doing.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC...

I sometimes think maybe I'm transgender but then I say no, I'm just male stuck in a females body but I feel dumb because isn't that what transgender is??

Sometimes just having a label is difficult. Especially a label you didn't give yourself. By the sounds of things you are fairly confident about who you are but the label makes it sound weird. You are a man, not a 'trans man'. Believe me, I think that is one thing we can all understand to some extent. :slight_smile:

I'm scared to change though. To leave the body I'm comfortable in and face the world.

Who says you have to do anything to your body? There is no right or wrong way to be trans. If living as a guy is enough for you, then do that. Nobody should pressure you into changing your body if you don't feel you need to. Do the things that make you feel good.

As a boy, I have a boyfriend. He doesn't know I was born female because I feel like there is no need to lie about who I am. Is this wrong???

OK, just let me confirm I have this right.

You have a boyfriend, who thinks you were born male? How exactly does that work?