1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bring it, May 17, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't want to sound offensive if I'm wrong, but if, for example, someone said they are "a woman in transition," does that mean they are a physical male who is getting a sex change to be female? Also, I'm aware that there is a lot that goes into changing your sex, so would "in transition" mean that you started but there are still steps to take before you're done?
    Thanks for the help.

2. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Yeah
    2. Physically, yes. Mentally...not necessarily.

3. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Just Jess

That's what I mean when I say it :slight_smile: I'm taking a lot of my physical male sex characteristics and making them female.

Every body part has sex characteristics. Not all of them can be changed. But I'll be able to change enough of them that I'll have about as much in common with other females, as most people born female. Some of those that can be changed, like my fat distribution or my voice, take time to change. And some of the things I can change, like my facial bone structure, I probably won't, because it costs a lot of money and I won't get a lot of benefit.