1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Telling my parents about genderfluidity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShiroKage, May 18, 2014.

1. ShiroKage

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying to drop hints that I'm genderfluid, but as a cosplayer my parents don't seem to get the hint when I crossdress (they just think "oh, there she goes again, dressing up as a boy, probably having to do with anime"). But I've asked my dad what he thinks of trans* people and he thinks that we're just confused. Don't get me wrong I mean, he's a great dad, he even accepted that I'm bi (which I might actually just be attracted to women, but that's a different matter). He also doesn't see how sexuality and gender identity are different. :dry: My sister knows everything and she's really supportive, so one down. I don't know how my mom will react. I want to get a chest binder (another hint but my parents think cosplay) and I actually want to have top surgery eventually. I also want short hair, but literally everyone (even the people who know) want my hair to stay long. Anyway, how do I tell my parents that I'm genderfluid and that it's real?

2. ShiroKage

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh no, sorry! posted in wrong category!