1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and troubled

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluestar, May 20, 2014.

1. bluestar

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi i am an Asian and born with some unique facial features. As a result, people always think i am not native in my country. When i was 21 years old, i had strangers who labelled me as a handsome lady. I am not flattered but more troubled with their comments because they were jeering behind my back as we took the same bus. I am overweight and I do not have short hair. I do not dress womanly or manly. I dress comfortably according to my body shape.

I am confused about my sexuality. Sometime i feel attraction to women and men. When i was 19 years old, i had developed some feeling with a close friends. We got too close and romantic feelings were accidentally developed. It became emotional attraction more than physical attraction. However, due to some misunderstanding, we drifted apart for 10 ten years and recently reconnected as friends. She had hinted that she had feeling for me. I think she had regretted and was upset that we had unfortunately didn't developed into something. Honestly, I also had feeling for her. However, when i looked back. and now... i do not know whether i wanted to start a relationships with her if the situation permits. I cannot imagine having sex with another woman. Though I can imagine having some physical and emotional intimacy with her. I really wish her to be happy.

When i was 23 years old, another friend of mine had asked whether can i be her boyfriend in MSN. I said no. We were very close friend. It seems that girls feel comfortable with me.

I feel troubled because i had been getting unwanted attention from women more than men. For instances, a few bi-curious girls are making me uncomfortable. I have two-ex colleagues who had stood so close to me in a year. The first colleagues of mine stood so close that i feel that she was trying to sense something from me. She had also asked me who am i with during valentine day when i happen to see her in some place.

Another ex-colleague had said that if i am a male, she will marry me. She had hinted me that she does feel that she can trust male. She also like to stand way too close to me at certain times. Frankly, i do not know why i am getting all these unwanted attention. Am i giving out lesbian vibes or what? Maybe yes.. because i am a strong and independent woman who does not dress femininely.

If i met the right guy, i may fall in love with him. If i met the right girl, i may also fall in love with her. I am confused with my sexuality. I have people asking me whether am i lesbian. I honestly do not know because I do not feel really turn-on with another girl. On the other hand, i desire some form of close intimacy with people as more than just friends. I am looking for a soul mate.

I feel that circumstances are creating opportunities for me to become a lesbian. eh..

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You cannot become a lesbian - it's impossible. If you aren't sexually attracted to women, you're straight regardless of what others think. If you are attracted to women exclusively, then you're a lesbian, which is totally fine and normal, too! :slight_smile:

You should post this in the sexuality forum, though, as this one is about gender.