1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about Male (Trans) ... I think...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mangotree, May 20, 2014.

1. mangotree

First off, sorry if I use any wrong terminology here, I'm very new and currently ignorant about the T in LGBT.
    Sorry if this is a really common and dumb query as well.

I'm not stressed out about my situation, I'm just wondering if it's common and if I should maybe expore it further.

I've seen a few TV shows recently that have had people in them that are transitioning or who have transitioned.
    I'm curious about the people who are Male (Trans) - meaning they were born with a female body but are actually male (I hope that's right). Or I've seen the term FTM a few times.

So here's the thing...
    Every Male (trans) guys that I've seen on TV, I've found instantly attractive and sexy.
    Being a gay man, I thought that was probably normal... being attracted to men...
    There's something different about it though that I can't put my finger on.
    I might even say in some ways, that I found them more attractive than most of the ... biological men (?) that I've met throughout my life.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't change my orientation...
    What are your thoughts?

Also, I'm wondering if many people who are Male (trans) end up in gay relationships... with other men? Is that something worth exploring or is it so rare that I shouldn't bother?

Again, sorry if any of this is offensive.

Peace be with you all.

#1 mangotree, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. Acm

Acm Guest

Being attracted to trans men doesnt change your orientation because theyre men.
    Its not uncommon for trans men to be in a relationship with other men either. They can be any orientation, so there are trans guys that are gay or bi

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see why it would change your orientation. You're still attracted to men (cis or trans), though I can understand why something would feel off or different. I got that vibe off a former friend and a sort of acquaintance I met through a social media site who expressed a lot of interest in dating me among other things if you will.

I've been in relationships with men (when I was closeted and when I was out; and I honestly have been leaning in the direction of preferring them anyway) and there are other transmen who date men as well. I just see it as a normal gay relationship; if my partner is cis or trans doesn't change much and it's not really the focus point of anything really. Honestly, my partner and I don't talk about trans issues as much as we used to unless something sparks the conversation (doesn't happen a lot like it used to).

4. mangotree

Thanks, I had a feeling it was pretty normal.
    Is it okay to use the term trans men or trans man?

#4 mangotree, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Calix

Being a transguy more interested in guys than girls, this just makes me feel hope xD And both those terms are fine :slight_smile:

6. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since ftms are guys and you like guys, I would say your attractions are pretty normal and you don't need to start questioning your sexuality.

And being a gay ftm, I sincerely hope that relationships with other men aren't rare because that's the sort of relationships I'm into. Ones with guys. :slight_smile:

7. Techno Kid

That has been my experience with FTMs as well (through YouTube)... they all seem more attractive than cis boys. Probably for the wrong reasons though, all the ones I've seen look twinky and that's my type. Sorry. :icon_redf

8. mangotree

What are you sorry about?
    What's wrong with being attracted to "twinky" ?

9. Techno Kid

Because I think most trans guys would rather be seen as handsome/manly than cute/femme.

Nothing wrong with loving the twinks though. ^_^ lol

10. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i cant speak for all, but i am in the situation where im pretty sure that im transgendered, 99%. But im still very much attracted to women, so i guess its possible to find a male trans that are attracted to men.

All in all, no matter what gender you are attracted to, its all about finding the right one.

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I was once what I considered to be a normal male who loved women, I thought trans women were also attractive, and should be seen as just normal women. Me and another hetero friend got into a big debate over this, his rebuttals were quite comical to say the least. But in every view, you being guy and being attracted to tranguys still keeps you gay. As they are men now.

12. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) It absolutely does not change your orientation at all. A guy is a guy and a girl is a girl, regardless of sex assigned at birth. It's likely that you're more attracted to transguys because of a higher incidence of some feature/s that you find attractive, which is totally fine and normal. I have certain features that I'm attracted to, in my case, some of these may be more common in cisgirls while others might be more common among transgirls so, I guess that you could say I have no preference in that regard. It's all about features when it comes to pure physical attraction.

2) There are a lot of gay transmen so, yeah, go fishing, mate! :lol:

3) You're not offensive at all; you seem very nice. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st May 2014 at 02:56 PM ----------

Aww... that's adorable. :lol: Hey, femme dudes need love, too!

13. mangotree

I wouldn't even know where/how to start meeting trans men...
    (probably a topic for another thread)

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 07:12 AM ----------

Thanks for all of your replies by the way.
    They're a great help.

14. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LGBTQ centers/ events? Gay clubs? Online? Actually, some butch-femme sites even have some gay guys are there (yay inclusiveness!)

15. Calix

I think transmen are cuter as well for the same reason xD

16. ratatattat

ratatattat Guest

Yeah, I could be in a bar fight with a split lip and still look like a twink. It's the trans struggle lol.

17. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I think transmen who are "twinks" are attractive idk why I don't like "bears" lol maybe cuz my father is built like a bear... Eh idk lol too tired from work

18. mangotree

I'm pretty attracted to both types of trans men, twinks and rugged bearish types. Though I haven't met either yet.

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I dunno. I imagine I'm something of a baby bear, lol. :wink:

20. Calix

I'm a twink a I guess? I plan to start going to the gym regularly in a few months though, so hopefully I won't be a uber twink xD