1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Acquiring Hormones

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Seige, May 23, 2014.

1. Seige

OK. So I'm a 15 year old girl. I was born male, but in the last few years I've realized that my sex doesn't correlate with my gender. I've studied a lot about transitioning, both socially and physically, and I've decided I want to begin to transition. I'm not too worried about the social aspects, as I'm home schooled and the few friends I have know about my gender. My real problem is that I can't really transition physically because of my parents.
    I can't get hormones through a doctor without parental consent, and I don't want to self administer due to the fact that I'd like a functioning liver. My parents don't know about my being female, and the ONLY reason I'd ever tell them is to get hormones.
    I guess that the question here is, are there alternatives to hormones for physical transitions? Also, if I wait till I'm 18 to take hormones what parts of me will the hormones not affect? Thanks

2. Yosia

EXACT same problem here >.<

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Without parental consent I'm pretty sure you cannot.

And do NOT turn to illegal hormones because it is medically wrong and despite morality, it is illegal.

4. Seige

I'm definitely not going to self administer. The affects on your body can be horrendous. (especially your liver) I'm just scared that if I wait too long, the hormones wont effect me very well.

5. Kat 5

It does not affect bone structure or the appearance of the Adam's apple.

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

In addition, your voice will not change as testosterone controls this, you can however practice a female voice. Phytoestrogen can be a nice substitute. However no where near or quick as prescribed hormones. These can be found in abundance in avacados, tomatoes, soy, whole grains, any "green fruit". Make chipotle your restaurant of choice lol brown rice, tofu, pico de Gallo, guacamole. At the very least expect it to help subdue testosterone's effect on you. Also you should avoid any physical exercising involving weights. As testosterone levels are enhanced when you weight lift.

7. Seige

Hmm Ok, so those foods can help slow down testosterone's effects? If testosterone affects the voice, would testosterone blocks change my voice's pitch to a more appealing level? Any tips on practicing a female voice?

8. Claudette

Claudette Guest

T-blocker will only prevent it from getting deeper. As testosterone causes your voice muscles to thicken, thus giving you a lower tone. Sing sing as much ad you can, always in different tones, high, low deep shallow. Your voice is a muscle and needs to be mastered. Through this you can imitate many different ranges of voices. Which is your goal; to imitate a female voice. grown men and women share an octave of vocal range, but are also on average an octave apart. Through vocal training you should be able to hit those 8 notes both men and women share.

9. Seige

Hmm ok. And if I am able to get my voice in those ranges, is there anything I can do to make my voice sound more genuinely female? Also, will it ever be natural for me to talk in a feminine voice, or will I always have to consciously try? Thanks for all the help.

10. Claudette

Claudette Guest

If you practice your female voice alot it will become your natural voice, as you'll adjust to speaking in that voice. Your old voice will become something you can call upon if the need arises. I use finding your female voice DVD, made by a trans for trans (mtf) and you wouldn't think she used to be a guy until she shows you how easily she can change voices lol

11. Seige

Haha. Ok, this sounds wonderful. Thank you for all your help. Will breast development still occur if I start HRT later? (18-19 years old) If so, how large could I expect to, *ahem*, "develop"? Would I be the same size as a biological female?

12. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Breast growth will start at any age you start taking hormones. It takes them 2 years to develop fully, and size depends on the size the women in your family have. (your mother, your grandmas etc etc)

13. Seige

So development isn't affected by what age I begin hormone therapy?

14. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Only certain things, it will effect future bone growth, prevent male pattern baldness, redistribute your fat to where females keep it, shrink your testicles and penis, kill your libido, change your metabolism, give you a monthly visitor(no blood), accelerate head hair growth,

15. Seige

:slight_smile: This makes me so happy. Thank you.

16. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Np lemme know if you have anymore questions

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aggghhhhhh you said male pattern baldness!

Much sadness....

18. Seige

Hmm? What do you mean?

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... Trust me. You don't want male pattern baldness as female...

20. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Yea the sooner you get on hormones if it runs in your family the better lol it can start in the early 20s (my friend is 25 and has had MPB since 19), doesn't run in my family, but early platinum hair does.