1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigender questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hollhcnat, May 24, 2014.

1. Hollhcnat

Hey there peeps :smilewave

A few months ago, I realised that I wanted to be both male and female (I am male by technicality of genitalia), and I decided to research this. During this, I have stumbled across the term Bigender, which I think best describes who I am :3

Despte endless research, I'm still curious about Bigenderness, and I have some questions for those who also identify themselves in this way about it in some way or another:

-What's your sexual orientation?
    -When you are the sex that weren't assigned, do you dress in the way that the members of that particular gender typically dress?
    -Do you have a different name for both genders? (like, when you are male, are you Joe, and when you are female, are you Jo?)
    -Is Bigender a common gender identity?
    -What's the best way to explain it to someone?

Thank you for reading, and I hope you can answer my questions :grin: (!)

Erin333 likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn

I'm not bigender, but I'm pretty sure it's not common. I, unfortunately, cannot answer the other questions. Maybe someone else can?

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

My gender switches on and off. I am biologically female, but I have phases of switching in between. I mostly call myself female on EC, but I do have bouts of dysphoria over my female body when I'm in a guy mood.

-What's your sexual orientation?
    Gynesexual. I mostly call myself a lesbian, but other times I like feeling like a straight guy.

-When you are the sex that weren't assigned, do you dress in the way that the members of that particular gender typically dress?
    I only wear masculineish clothes and it works well with me because a lot of tomboyish women would wear my clothes too.

-Do you have a different name for both genders? (like, when you are male, are you Joe, and when you are female, are you Jo?)
    The shortened version of my real name is unisex, so I always go with that.

-Is Bigender a common gender identity?
    It's part of the genderqueer umbrella, but I don't think It's that common.

-What's the best way to explain it to someone?
    For me it just feels like I have two different souls within me, female and male that need to be expressed differently at different times.

Erin333 likes this.
  4. Hollhcnat

Thank you for answering my qs :grin:

I'm straight when male (which I said was my assigned gender), so that makes me a Lesbian when I'm female by default. As well as this, I'd like to express my female side, so that's why I was wondering about the dressing side of things. Also, my name is masculine, hence why I was asking about names and such. Would it be alright if I asked people to call me different names for each gender? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Overall, thats helped me a lot :slight_smile: thank you!

PS: Gwendolyn, thank you for your help too :3

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember one EC bigender member who uses two names Jake and Katie, and I saw once on YT a video of another bigender who goes with two names as well, so I think it's common to have a different name for both genders. The person on YT was female bodied and she dresses as a girl during the girl days and during the boy days he dresses as a boy. I'd recommend you to go on YT and search 'bigender'.

Erin333 likes this.
  6. Hollhcnat

I'm on it now, Cheers for the advice :grin: