1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back support brace as binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KyleCats, May 24, 2014.

1. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I created a Facebook profile for the real me and joined a few trans groups. In one of them someone had a tip about large chested guys not being able to bind (like me) and said you can use a back support brace.

Have you guys heard of this? I'm desperate.

Also I'm finding out in the same group that one of the surgeons here in Florida has lawsuits against him and he's done horrible things to his patients. It's not the guy I was looking at but now I'm freaked out.

EC is my safe place, everywhere else is scary *rocks back and forth*

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure. I'd be worried about it compressing too well and it constricts your breathing.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That surgeron's Dr. Timothy Alexander, right?

But anyway, I dunno. I'm part of a lot of trans groups too and I know a guy who's on the larger side who swears by a full length binder. Seems to bind him really well.

I'd advise if you can, to go for a proper binder just because binding's already a pretty delicate process and you don't want to damage anything.

4. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dr. Alexander is the surgeon I was looking at. Dr. Garramone is the one who is supposed to be terrible. I actually got in touch with a guy who saw Alexander for surgery about 5 weeks ago and he's really happy with how everything went and recommends him, so I feel better about that part.

The thing is, I already have two binders. Both from Underworks but bought on Amazon. The first one is too small. Technically, I can wear it but it's waaaay too tight. Not a big deal since I'm losing weight, it'll fit eventually. I got the second one in a bigger size and it fits but doesn't bind enough. I mean, it's binding, but just not enough. You can still see 'em. If I wear a sports bra on underneath, it helps some but it's still obvious there are tits there.

After I thought about it more last night, without something to hold up the brace I'm not sure how good it would stay on. I don't know :/ I just know this is really stressing me out that I can't do anything about the damn things.