1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wide hips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acm, May 25, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

Is there any way to hide wide hips? I could maybe pass without them and they make me really dysphoric :icon_sad:
    During the winter I know I could wear a big coat and hide them or something, but what do I do during the summer? Is there anything like a binder but for hips?

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know that there's anything like that out there, but I wish there was.

I just drink plenty of water, try to limit my carbs, and try to keep fit. Whenever I gain any weight it goes straight to my butt and thighs and dramatizes my curves, so I combat it by avidly trying not to gain any weight in the first place.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh man. I can relate.

I know some guys swear by atheletic compression shorts but I've never tried them. My ass and hips are huge and something that makes me feel like shit. But I don't have a huge problem passing- even though I know I feel better when I'm able to wear a jacket and hide the curves. I just wear a lot of button ups. Make sure your shorts/pants are well fitted and not too tight and experiment with the cuts. Dark colors, btw, tend to demphasize weight in the area and I've noted cargo shorts seem to be a boon to a trans guy.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've actually heard of guys wearing binders on their hips, but I don't know how comfortable that could possibly be. While compression shorts may help, I'd suggest to do some upper body bulking and core work; having broader shoulders will help a lot. Other than that, experimenting with clothes may be a good idea. Dark pants and lighter shirts could help, putting more emphasis on your upper body.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Hmm this is all pretty good advice I'll keep it in mind. Luckily I have a lot of cargo shorts already and I have noticed that they work better. Thanks :slight_smile:

6. birdking

I know this is like the lamest trick in the book, but on the days where I'm really dysphoric about my hips, I'll sag my jeans a little. Totally not cool, I know, but it helps visually minimize things a little. A downside though is it makes you look a little shorter so be aware of that.