1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Image Rant

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Monika the Diva, May 26, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

I thought about this thought that was racing through my weird little mind. At the moment i'm prepping myself for everything that's to come. For instance, i got a lot of work done with the electrolysis so far. That way when i grow breasts they won't be hairy.

Here's another point i'll bring up, even though i wear dresses, make up and wigs. Nothing changes at the moment that i'm still biologically male who is overweight. I wish i could be as thin as Mia, Kasey or Audrey. Right now, i feel like a big fat toad. I feel that my body is beginning to bother me again. I don't want to gain anymore weight but I have piled on an extra 5 pounds and sooner or later i will balloon again to 250 lbs. I don't want to see those numbers and i don't know what to do.

I'm thinking about going on an apple diet for 2 weeks just to see what happens. Beginning Wednesday i will start an apple diet. I will buy different variety of apples. I need to lose 70 pounds. I am not happy at all with my weight and I need to lose as much as possible before i begin the hormones. I have less than 20 days to begin. I will also take an extra dose of multivitamins with a protein shake to assist the diet by providing me with a source of protein.

Sorry for rambling on for so much i am done being fat and i don't want to be morbidly obese again. The Diva has a lot on her mind right now.

2. Tetra

I don't think the "apple diet" is a good way to go, if it's implying you only eat apples for 2 weeks, don't.
    Getting healthy is a lifestyle change, and a 2-week diet won't change that. Why not start small, and before you know it, big changes will happen.
    Try jogging for an hour a day, and slowly cut out fast food. Start eating more well-rounded meals, and drinking lots of water.

3. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Tetra's right, if you're concerned about your body, health, and fitness, talk to a nutritionist, and/or a fitness coach.

4. Nick07

Five meals a day, lots of vegetable, not so much fruit (it's sweet). Lean meat, legume. Moderate excercise (fast walking works too). Don't starve yourself, your body will protest and start storage fat for the future bad days.
    There are big women too, btw (*hug*)

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While the apple diet sounds adorable in theory (don't deny it, it sounds like the cutest diet ever ok?), apples are pretty carby, so they probably won't help you with your goal!

Nick's right with his five meals a day theory. It sounds like a lot of food, but if you keep your meals balanced and small and eat them more often, you'll kick-start your metabolism.

And also, you don't need to be thin to be beautiful! Make sure to keep yourself healthy while you lose weight. :slight_smile:

6. tulipinacup

Might I also add exercise? I think the most effective in losing weight is the change of lifestyle and you can do that by doing exercise. I'm not saying that you should run a mile but start with walking everyday for at least 30 minutes.

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you look great. :slight_smile:

But if you really want to lose weight, just take it slowly and be safe. Small changes in diet and starting an exercising routine, then increase both over time.

<3 :slight_smile:

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't dream about telling you how to feel about your own body, but I will say one thing.

At your current size, whatever that is, you pull it off amazingly. I don't mean that in a "let's break this down into an off topic flirt-a-thon way" (yes I mean you lot xD) but seriously, look at your pics in your profile.

Your clothes fit nicely, you look elegant. Do you look super skinny? No, you don't and you know that, but you do look GOOD.

Just keep that in mind. I'm not saying "Don't lose weight" that would be really hypocritical of me, but seriously...

Oh and I'm going to make an assumption here that this situation isn't improved when you are naked? I've found the less hair I have on me, the easier that is to deal with, so it might be similar for you :slight_smile:

9. anonym

anonym Guest

I don't know how many apples you would eat on the apple diet but I wanted to give a word of warning about apples. My brother used to eat two a day and ended up getting a whole load of fillings. Apples rot your teeth badly so be careful!

10. ConfusedAtHeart

First of all the "Apple diet" is a no no. Your body needs a lot of different nutriments and minerals to sustain itself! You'll be really hurting by the end. Secondly, it takes about 21 days to make a habit and 43 to break one. So keep your eyes locked on your goals. Thirdly, being super thin isn't what its romanticized as. I have to take pills (iron, calcium, vitamins) to keep me breathing.
    Start out small and work your way up. If you go for the big stuff too soon, you'll just strain yourself. Remember health comes first. It never hurts to treat yourself either. (Also note if you eat sweets often, you may find yourself getting depressed as you stop having them, it's normal. The sweets give you an excess amount of Serotonin and Dopamine that generates what we call "happiness" usually this chemical is created when laughing, so when we find something really funny, it will keep getting funnier. You don't have to worry about this if you don't eat sweets a lot.) And like Ellia said. You look good! So don't pull your hair out!

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Monika, body image is a bitch isn't it? i really know where you are coming from but i just went through your album "the real me". not perving, much:icon_wink:icon_bigg, Darlin, you have nothing to worry about. as to healthy living and healthy weight, im bigger than you but not taller, i was 250'ish pounds and i've lost some weight and like you i have a bit to go to get to my goal. small steps sister, try to go to far, to fast and it backfires, been there done that, have a chat with your doctor who is providing the hormones and see what they say about weight and any interactions with the meds.

just to be clear, you look fantastic:kiss:

12. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Aw, Monika, I'm sorry that you are having body image issues. :frowning2:(*hug*) Consider these two points, though:

1. I can sincerely agree with the rest of the ladies and gents that you carry your weight extremely well and you manage to make it look beautiful. (I see anything but a "toad" in any random pic from your album.)
    2. As far as how to lose weight, believe it or not, there is often but a single (or perhaps two) diet staple that is responsible for the majority of the poundage. For most people in 2014 America, this would be soft drinks. If only I could count the sheer number of family, friends, acquaintances, or case studies I've encountered where simply eliminating soft drinks from daily intake resulted in significant weight loss. Other calorie-rich staples to look after would be beer (which I've cut down on in recent weeks) and other foods besides soft drinks which are loaded with HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup). My personal kryptonite is probably ice cream. Used to be addicted to the stuff, ate it every day (although very seldom more than half-a-pint at a sitting). I've virtually eliminated ice cream from my diet the last several months and the loss I've witnessed has been palpable. (I'm maybe an extreme case on this one, though, since I also don't snack and I have a fast metabolism anyway.)

At any rate, while everyone in this thread is giving really good dieting/exercise advice, I maybe would first see if you can pinpoint that one or two diet staple(s) that is the primary pound-packer (betting there is one) and zero-in on eliminating that one for starting your diet. Be safe and healthy. :slight_smile:

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shiiiittt...

I'm almost 6'1 and 195 lbs. I'm barely hanging on since I've been out of karate. My metabolism... Is still going but I figure that it's going to die on me soon.

Here's some tips though. Ones people ignore.

1.) walk. Get out of your seat. Just move around. Sedentary = bad.
    2.) a few quick interval bursts to get your heart rate up every so often to jump start your metabolism.
    3.) Eat Breakfast! Your body goes into mini starvation/hibernation mode at night. You literally need to kick start your metabolic pathways with breakfast each morning.
    4.) cut back on juice or soda. Drink water, it's cheaper and is an essential part of burning calories through hydrolysis of fatty acids and starches. Yes, I am a biology and chemistry teacher. Listen to schoolmarm.

14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    why do i have the feeling that i'd be the one in the corner on "time out" in Kasey's class:roflmao:

15. Monika the Diva

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: you kind words are making this Diva smile once again. I am scared of seeing 240....but i worked for 45 minutes today. I want to go back to do more tomorrow if i can get out early enough. But i want to lose 20 by July another 20 by September and another 10 by October. But i want to be healthy and not morbidly obese again. -_-

Thank you all for your words of encouragement but i have to cut back on white carbs. I realized what my mistake was.

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I need to lose some too Mon, so perhaps we can encourage each other? :slight_smile:

17. ProtegeMoi

My wife uses Plexus or however you spell it and has lost 40-50lbs along with eating healthier, no soda, little to no dairy or junk and works out every now and then.

I can't vouch for any weight loss tips for myself because I'm part robot and most people can't maintain my type of lifestyle without going insane.

18. Monika the Diva

Yes! Let's! Im looking forward to working out today after work.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to the school gym myself today after the 220 contractual obligation ends myself.