1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those of you that wear a binder regularly...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, May 28, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

can you tell me if you think it would be comfortable or safe to wear for work if it involves a lot of physical work such as bending, stretching, lifting, climbing up ladders etc. I don't want to take on a job I can't physically do before I get top surgery.

2. ConfusedAtHeart

(Just my opinion) Well, you have to think that there is material compacting your chest, squeezing against your ribcage. Physical exertion is not wanted when wearing, for lack of breathing space. Also, it could injur your back. It compresses the lungs and everything around that area. Wearing a binder while doing heavy duty work would not be advised. I suggest a sports bra. Something that wouldn't be so harsh. ^w^

3. anonym

anonym Guest

Maybe I'll give that kind of work a miss then until I've had top surgery. I can't wear sports bras. They make me feel bad, worse than a normal bra :frowning2: Once I have transitioned I'd like to be a decorator or electrician or something. But right now, I had the opportunity to take some gardening work but I need to wear a binder. I also could not work with men without binding. It'd be too dysphoric them checking my body out and me knowing they were

4. ConfusedAtHeart

Gardening! That seems completley fine! I thought you meant on a construction site by how you described it. The last time I checked, gardening wasn't heavy duty. If the stuff is a bit too heavy, ask for a hand with it. You won't be using jack hammers or anything! Make sure it's secure and not suffocating you. C: The lifting is the only concern I see. ^w^