1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just plain confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluerain, May 30, 2014.

1. bluerain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so here are the facts that I've been able to conjure up-
    -im into dating girls
    -i was assigned female at birth
    -i can see myself as a boyfriend in a relationship but not as a father; have had feelings of being more male since age 10
    -i feel more like a mother
    -worried I'm too feminine to be male
    - I like to present as male to public
    -worried that if i transition to male then dating would be hard
    So basically I'm just very confused on what my gender is and it's really getting to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -im into dating girls - unrelated :slight_smile:

-i can see myself as a boyfriend in a relationship but not as a father; - A father is (or often is) two things. A father and a husband. So ignoring the child-rearing role, can you see yourself as a 'husband'?

-i feel more like a mother - What, to you, is the difference between a mother and a father? What are your reasons for the distinctions?

-worried I'm too feminine to be male
    You're not. I know nothing about you and I can tell you, you are not. There is no such thing.

-worried that if i transition to male then dating would be hard -It can be, but it isn't impossible.

With the exception of this mother thing, do you ever actually feel 'female'?

3. bluerain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean I suppose I can picture myself more as a husband than a wife.

I think that my view on parents are based highly in stereotypes; mothers are more caring and sympathetic and are all like "Oh this is so cute!" sorts of things, whereas fathers are not all mushy gushy and are less emotional about things.

I don't ever really understand what it means to "feel female" I mean I just feel like me and that's that. Although I can recognize when I feel masculine... which doesn't really make sense.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Men can be feminine too, gender roles don't dictate gender. Maybe you feel more like a mother because you're more caring and nurturing? Because that's okay too, fathers can be like that also.

And I know what you mean about not "feeling" certain genders; now I feel like a guy and I know what people mean but when I first started questioning I didn't understand what people meant when they said that, I just feel like me.