1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving an explanation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cauliflower, May 31, 2014.

1. cauliflower

cauliflower Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey new here. Been lurking around awhile, thought I'd actually get some input here. I've been living as a male my entire life. The past couple years just haven't been the same though. I'm growing increasingly distant from the male gender as a whole, to the point where I can say that I've lived as long as I've wanted to as a male. The female gender on the other hand is intriguing to me. The physical aspects, materialistic aspects, are all things that seem like a step up from the male side. It's something that, having exhausted the male gender, I think I'd be able to live with for the rest of my life. I've always wished I was born a girl, but you know, wasn't one to act on it or anything. I've honestly thought about this with a clear head and I think coming out as transgender is a distinct possibility. I just don't know how to explain it really well. It's more of a gut feeling, which won't fly with those wanting an explanation, those reading this may even feel I'm a little too rash in my decision making. So any suggestions about how I can rationalize it all?

2. Najlen

If you really feel like you are female, then go ahead! You don't have to explain yourself to people. You sound kind of like me in that there are a few little things that tipped you off, but in the end you just know. I think that if people ask, that's all you need to say. If they are persistent about it, ask them how they know that they are male/female. The fact that you have always wished you were a girl is a pretty big indicator in my opinion. Good luck!

3. cauliflower

cauliflower Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you, I feel like that's a good approach. It's just sometimes people can be stubborn haha.