1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I be a boy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by andre a, May 31, 2014.

1. andre a

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm new here and my name's Andrea,
    I been questioning my gender for 1 year (I’m 13 years old now). All started when my friends and me were talking about how are going to be our weddings .
    1st friend: I want my boyfriend to propose me on the beach and at the marriage I will wear a long white dress.
    2nd friend:I want my boyfriend to propose me at one knee and with roses on the street in front of everyone…Ahh and I want the white dress too !
    Me: I don’t want my boyfriend to propose …I wanna propose to him!
    For a minute I thought “They will think that’s pretty” I was really happy with my view but when my friend opened her mouth my world came down.
    1st friend: Ehhh what?? You but you’re the girl!! You can’t do that, is horrible for your part.
    Time passed since that (like 7 months) when one day I looked myself at the mirror after the shower.
    Me: Ahhhg! I need some gym buuuuuut... the sofa is so confy , at least if I had a flat chest I won’t look like a girl.
    That made me think a lot because I started to ask to me a lot of questions ...
    ‘’Could I be a boy?’’ I laughed the first time I wondered that...
    But the time passed angain and now I don’t know what to do, when I look at the mirror I don’t think about my weight I only think how to hide my chest , how I can dress to seem a boy ,which panties are more similar to bóxers.
    Seriously , I have the wish that someday when I wake up I will be a boy but when I see that skirts on the closet I feel hopeless.
    And the thing that makes me feel horrible at al lis when I go shopping with my mum and tell me:
    She: “Daughter come here! Look at this mini-skirt it can look cute on ... Andrea stop looking at that! Don’t you see you’re on the boy’s section!”
    Me: “But mum that t-shirt is pretty cute, a girl can wear it to no?”
    She: “Andrea, someone wrote on that section *MAN T-SHIRTS* for something don’t you think?”
    Me: “Yesh buuuuut...”
    She: “BUT NOTHING! Come here now!”

I hate summer shopping for that reason :bang::bang:

What do you think about my situation??

(Sorry for the fault, Spanish is my native language :grin: )

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Going against social norms isn't anything worth looking at as far as gender identity goes.
    However hiding your breasts, could be considered as one.
    Do you want to get rid of them? would you rather have a penis? do you hate looking at your nude body in the mirror? If you could wake up tomorrow as a boy, would you do it?
    The gender spectrum, in reality is way bigger then Man & Woman, so you might even fall somewhere in between.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

It is possible that you could be trans, if I were you I'd ask myself these questions:
    1) Would you rather have a male or a female body?
    2) Do you wish people would treat you like a boy and do you wish that other people saw you as male?
    3) Why do you prefer wearing male clothes?

4. andre a

Out Status:
    A few people
    Acm , I respond you:

1)Male
    2)Yes of course, I would love that people say ''he'' when they talk about me
    3)I like to wear them beacause I feel like I'm me and I'm confortable with myself when I see me with them

---------- Post added 31st May 2014 at 09:37 PM ----------

Claudette:

Do you want to get rid of them?
    Of course! I want them to disappear!

would you rather have a penis?
    Yes

do you hate looking at your nude body in the mirror?
    Yes, that reminds me of my girl's parts and makes me feel strange and akward

If you could wake up tomorrow as a boy, would you do it?
    Definetly...Yes

5. Logan0001

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems like you could be. Have you always felt this way or only recently? I know since I was little I felt like a boy and always hung out with boys. I totally agree with you on the shopping. That's what my mom is like too and it sucks soooo much.

6. andre a

Out Status:
    A few people
    @Logan0001
    Hiiii I feel this way since one year ago. But I always hated when my dad call me ''princess''

And when I was 6 ( and before) I had boy's voice until I had a tonsillectomy. (I had a breathing problem because my tonsillitis will never stop growing and I could die because they could block my neck)
    When the surgery finished I had a really high-pitched voice (now is normal again XD) and everyone told me now you seem a girl , now you seem a fairy , you have a cutie princess voice...
    I hated that so bad I wanted to kill them because I'd loved my old deep voice (and I keep loving it)

7. Acm

Acm Guest

Well it does sound to me like you might be trans. Of course I'm not an expert, only you can say for sure, but I think you might be

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi kiddo, it does sound very much like you're a boy (and this is totally OK!). There's nothing weird about being a boy with a female body; it just means that you're unique. :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC. I hope you find all of the answers and support you're looking for on here. There are a number of transgender boys and girls on here whom you might be able to talk with about things also.

9. andre a

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all <3
    Everybody here is so kind ^^

10. Acm

Acm Guest

No problem and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

11. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Andre a, it sure sounds like you are a trans-boy (I know some people won't like that term, but many prefer it for convenience.) I've helped many transgender people over the last ten years or so, and your experience is fairly typical. Some people figure it out very early in life (3 or 4 isn't uncommon), and for some it takes puberty to "turn the light on." Some don't really figure it out until much later. Regardless, it sure sounds like you've tended toward maleness all your life.

If you want to do something about it and feel that your parents will listen, the next step is to talk to them about why you feel you are really a boy in a female body, and educate them about what it means to be transgender, that it's a real medical condition, and that you're one of millions. Once they understand the situation, and are in agreement that something needs to be done (this may not be easy), you can begin looking for professional help. If you are unable to get your parents to agree, you may have to wait until you are a legal adult. Fortunately, post-puberty transition is easier for trans-boys than for trans-girls.

I'm not sure what the specific protocols are in Spain and Catalan, but in most countries your first move will be to talk to a psychologist to make sure you are on the right path. If the psychologist agrees, he or she will probably refer you to an endocrinologist (endo for short) who will decide how and when to begin treating you with hormone blockers and/or Testosterone. In most countries, surgery (if you even want it) would have to wait until you are at least 16 or 18, depending on local rules, your desires, and of course, your parents (and money!)

Here is a link to a Spanish language trans support site: http://www.imatyfa.org/parents/resourcesespan.html I'll see if I can find others, but you should try a Google search in Spanish and Catalan. (my Espana is limited to "hola". Your English is really pretty good!)

There is one doctor (in Brasil) who helps people all over the world via the Internet, and her site is in Spanish, Portuguese, French, and English. It's Clinica de Genero Gendercare.com. She does have some free resources on her site.

However, given your age, and the need for your parents to become well educated on the subject, you really do need a local psychologist and endocrinologist. I'd suggest you do a Google search to see if there is a gender clinic or something like that in Barcelona. I know there is an active transgender community in Barcelona that has been working to get the condition removed from the list of psychiatric disorders and re-listed as a physical disorder.

There is a well respected international medical association that sets treatment standards used by doctors in many countries, including the US, Canada, The Netherlands, and the UK. It's called the World Professional Association for Transgender Health WPATH. Unfortunately, they don't list any members in Spain, or offer any literature in Spanish.

I hope that helps!