1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some days I feel more like a girl and others a guy.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SaxySaxGirl, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SaxySaxGirl

Is it normal to have aspects of your personality/how you dress/act/etc. change between being more of a girl and more of a guy? It doesn't change during the day, it's more of a day to day thing. Some days I feel more like a guy or dress more guy-ish. Other days I feel girly and dress in pretty sweaters and do my make-up and such. I just thought it was more due to the fact that I've always had a tom-boy side of me, but now I'm thinking more of it since checking out this group of threads more.
    Am I just over-thinking it?

2. ConfusedAtHeart

Well, there are areas in between genders that I advise looking into. Like bigender, Agender, and genderfluid. But. You can dress however you want. Be whoever you are. Liking different clothing styles on different days isn't something you have to worry about! Yes its normal for some people to change back and forth. You do what makes you happy. As long as you aren't hurting anyone. ^w^

3. theworldunseen

Out Status:
    Some people
    I always felt like that, like I was continuously going up and down the gender spectrum. Then there was a time I felt like I was a man, and it remained that way for a while so I researched it and realised that I was genderqueer. This is an umbrella term for people who feel nonbinary, so we don't just go from male to female, but we also feel 'neutral' or agender.

Anyway, don't worry, you're not overthinking it. Just try to find your 'signs' which make you feel like you want to express your gender differently. Like, do you ever want to bind? or wear really feminine clothing? Do your likes/dislikes change? Do you ever feel like your body is different?

4. SaxySaxGirl

Thank you very much guys!! You both help a lot.
    I guess I should also add that I have moments where I feel more guyish that I want to be in a relationship with a girl, and vise-versa with wanting to be in a relationship with a male. Also, I have had countless times where I actually thought about what it would be like to have a penis, and I honestly wouldn't mind it. But the thing is, I like being a female. I also have times where I'd wish I had a guy voice--deep and velvety. I like to joke and say that I have an imaginary penis on my forehead because I don't want to get rid of my vagina :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Like, phantom penis, in a way, haha!

5. Packa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, i d love to live in a world where thinking binary about gender is considered oldschool. But it is quite a long road to go and those who today experiance themselves as nonbinary are doing the roadworks.