1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I shave and take hormones?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've known I was at least gender non-conforming for a long time. I've always kind of hated it when people told me what a handsome young man I was or called me "he". I'm pretty sure I'm genderqueer now, I used to just feel like I didn't care, but honestly I do sort of care. I've mostly just been living as male and hoping I can be happy like that. But I've always hated my body hair as long as I've had it. I'm already on progesterone mimicking medications that have made me less masculine looking, and I like that. Should I take estrogen? I'd like to look a bit more androgynous, but I don't want breasts. Breasts just don't fit who I want to be, I'm attracted to women, but never been a fan of breasts. If I only take some estrogen, will I get more feminine features without breasts? I don't neccesarily want female clothing, but I don't like masculine clothing either. I think I would like colorful mens dress shirts, and maybe some female accessories, like hats and gloves.

Also, If I start trying to appear more androgynous, do you think any people would still be attracted to me? Would it just be easier on me to continue ignoring it? I can kind of imagine just living my life the way I am currently, but I'm not sure I would ever really feel like I look right to me personally. I don't like my reflection in the mirror.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm pretty sure estrogen will give you breasts so if that's a problem I wouldn't take it...

3. Techno Kid

Yeah...
    Sorry (*hug*)
    Shave though! :slight_smile:

#3 Techno Kid, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. birdking

yeah if shaving makes you more comfortable, go for it!

as for hormones, I'd do some serious research before considering that. One of the effects of that is breast growth so if you're not into that I would probably not do hormones

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Estrogen will barely feminise you, especially in the short time frame before breasts develop.
    Estrogen MOSTLY gives breasts and redistributes some fat. :slight_smile: