1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone and being genderqueer??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mejj, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mejj

To be honest, I don´t really know what I am. I am out of the closet as a transman to everyone, but I´m starting to think that I may be an agender-person who just "overreacted" because of my strictly female body...
    But I am just a few weeks away from getting testosterone (if I want it, which I think I do) and theres a question that won´t leave me alone:

When I take testosterone and stop in the middle of going through my vioce change and everything, can I become androgyn or would everything go back to female? Or would I be stuck with the scratchy, awful voice that I (might) have at that point?

And if I take testosterone until puberty is over, would the estrogen that is naturally in my body make me look like a male-to-female transperson or would I just stay as a man?

Please help, because the ones I asked wouldn´t give me a clear answer and/or don´t know it themselfes, because there doesn´t seem to be many people who have tried that out. :icon_sad:

Thanks for all answers in advance! :icon_bigg

2. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not rally informed either, the only reccource i can give you is from this person, they took a lower dosage of T... idk just check it out... (i hope it helps)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWl9G8mYww
    they talk specifically about T around 19:40 mins

#2 TheFSM, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. Acm

Acm Guest

A lot of the effects of T reverse themselves if you stop taking it, but I'm pretty sure that the voice will stay deep if it's already changed

4. laurenc

laurenc Guest

if you take t for awhile and decide to stop after your voice changes you will have to change it to how you would like it because E can not change a "male" voice

5. Just Jess

Voice is something anyone (including me) that has been on T before has to work hard to retrain if they want to be gendered female without asking.

I'd really like to help with any doubts you might have and attack the root of the problem though? With this kind of thing, you really need to think out the consequences of every choice. There is no "default" or middle ground and every decision - including being androgynous or female - has its own benefits and consequences.

So I would like to ask three questions,

What do "agender" and "androgyne" mean to you?

What did you learn between coming out and now that makes you think those might describe you now?

For every one of the options on the table - being a man, being a woman, and being androgyne - imagine a day in your life 10 years after you made that choice. What would that average day be like? Assume that everyone in your life knows about you and accepts you.

6. Mejj

Thank you for your interest, but I guess it´s very hard to explain what I feel like...
    Like, when I dress in a female way, wear a bra instead of a binder and put on lipstick (that´s as far as I will go, hell, no make-up), I can stand in front of the mirror for ages, repeating "I am female", but I just can´t see a woman in my reflection, because I know that it´s me.
    I don´t even know what being a woman would/should feel like, so I guess that I am not female. "If you´re not a girl, then you have to be a boy" is the first thing that comes to mind when you haven´t heard of agender, bigender, and genderqueer, so I started thinking that I am a boy. I came out of the closet as transgendered, and it felt natural when people reffered to me as "him" and called me by my chosen maskulin name, but I´m afraid of saying that I am a boy, like when someone says "she", sometimes I correct the person, but mostly I just stay silent, because I don´t feel like I have the right to correct them, because I don´t know for sure that I am really a boy. Maybe I won´t be able to tell until I have a male body...
    I guess that being a gender means to show off, want to look good in that gender and express it. I don´t feel like wanting to do that as a female being, and I dream a lot of doing that as a male, but I don´t know if that´s enough to say that I am definetly a boy...
    I know, I am a bit complicated :dry:

About the "ten years from now"-thing: I can imagine being a man and I can also imagine being androgyne, but being female is more than hard to imagine for me somehow... :icon_sad: