1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the love of pronouns

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Jun 4, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

So ever since I started wearing masculine clothing, not to mention cutting my hair short(boy short), i'am finally being mistaken for a boy, which I technically consider myself at the mental and core of my being. I work at my dad's UPS store and sometimes people refer to me as he/him, or young man. Even though I perfer this pronoun usage, my dad let alone practically everyone else, doesn't know I have identity issues, so when people ask if I'm his son or call me a he in front of my dad, I get really embarrassed. My dad sometimes corrects them or just ignores them, but look over at me and my face is turning red. It gets really awkward. Recently I just had someone call me over saying I need your help young lady. That really pissed me off but I bypassed it, and oddly enough, after helping him and cashing in his money, he apologized to me saying, " sorry I didn't mean to call you a girl" or something like that. Usually it's the other way around. Other instances have happened when going out to eat. Waiters a couple of times have used male pronouns on me, but this time instead, in front of my whole family. So yea that gets even more awkward. It makes me feel like shit because no one knows the depression i've been through with this, and the male pronouns would be much more satisfying if I was truly a guy. On the reverse side, when people use female pronouns on me, I get really peeved. I especially hate being called a young lady, daughter, or miss, which makes me rage inside and grind my teeth. Daughter my ass. I wince at female pronouns used on me. Anyway, do any of you run into this type of problem?

2. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this exact problem. Though I pass on a daily basis, I have to deliberately fake a girl voice and act like a girl to get people to call me a girl when with family. And that gets me successfully misgendered only about half of the time. I don't bother when I am on my own.
    My mom gets pissed when people call me a guy. I do what I do for a safety reason. :bang: