1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a little story

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zeeque, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    So since i got my makeup it turns out the nail polish was bad, doesn't dry and smears easily, so i have been thinking of buying more from another company. Today i was at the super market getting my groceries when i walk past the cosmetics, i suddenyl get the idea, why not just buy it here? Save the delivery and get it right away. But as soon as i take a step towards the shelves with beauty products my anxeity kicks in, now my anxeity isn't severe, and it usually only pops up about 5-10 times a year. If anyone had said anything to me at that time i would probably have broken down crying into a fetal position, but i picked a colour which looked nice not thinking of the price or anything else and went straight for the cash register.

Ofcourse i decide to buy makeup at the time of the day where most people are out buying their groceries, well played brain... With that said i did buy it, and im applying it right now, still liking the colour i picked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    um, what color is it?

3. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    Pink, not sure of the specific colours name, but very pink i guess ^_^ Its from Loreal and is numbered 827 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: Its called Acid Watermelon o_o

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh, that would probably actually go well with you, oh and good job

5. Stacy in MA

Well done :icon_bigg Hopefully it gets easier for you every time you do something like that! You have every right to go get the things you need without judgment or harassment, so don't let anyone make you feel differently.

6. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, no one looked funny at me or anything, so it totally boosted my confidence! But still, i doubt i will go into a beauty store anytime soon to only buy cosmetics :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You go girl! :grin:

8. Stacy in MA

I don't know if it is the same in Denmark, but here, in the Boston area, in my quite extensive experience interacting with people working at cosmetics counters and stores, I have found them to be more accepting, friendly and helpful than any group I have encountered outside of EC.

9. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, in Denmark the main rule is Dont Ask Dont Tell, so i guess i got that going for me, but that doesn't mean we're not a judgementful bunch of idiots, before i got 100% aware of my state i was laughing at the idea of men wearing dresses.... Yeah i know, atleast i didn't make it obvious for the people we laughed at.. I do feel kinda bad for them all things considered. Anyways, i've learned my lessons. And yeah i could probably go to a cosmetics store and get help picking out products suited for me, but the mere thought gives me chills down my spine ,_,

10. Calix

Having worked in a shop sometime ago, I can tell you most people behind the tills don't care what you're buying. Their either bored and watching the time till they can go, or thinking about their own lives xD

11. ProtegeMoi

I think if you build up comfort in one store and then branch out it might serve you well and you won't get as anxious. I don't have an issue here in the US because there are so many self checkouts.

12. Zeeque

Out Status:
    A few people
    When i was in London for a year ago there was self checkouts in 50% of there stores i visited, and i loved it, here in DK there is no self checkout stores that i know of, i have never seen one! So that is a problem, but yeah, i will hopefully find the courage to go to my local cosmetics shop ,_,

Edit: Though i am long from comfortable to walk outside my appartment with my makeup or clothes on, right now i am 100% boy outside my appartment.