1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be transgender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kay14, Jun 6, 2014.

1. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I'm transgender what do I do?
    I'm 17 and a girl.
    When I was a kid I was a major Tomboy. I loved it when I was mistaken for a boy. I remember one time I stood over the toilet seat because I wanted to pee like a boy.
    I remember I first told myself I wanted to be a boy when I was about 14. Then I blocked it from my mind i guess because I was getting bullied for looking like a 'man'. I then became really girly but when I got home from going out I would put on sweat pants and a T-Shirt. I also daydream and I'm always this character Alex who is a boy. He lives my dream life.

The problem is I don't want to get a sex change or anything like that. The only reason this is back in my mind like this is because my cousin came out as trans a few weeks ago and I went out with this boy a few days ago and we were kissing and it was disgusting. I told my mum bout the kissing and she asked if I was a lesbian. Now after some deep thinking I don't even think I'm attracted to boys like I thought I was. I want to BE the ones I find attractive. I don't know my sexuality. I think that's why I hated being called a 'man' before I was girly. Because I tired so hard to not be anything like one. Denial maybe? I also now don't know my sexuality.

But like I said. I don't WANT to be a boy as in get a sex change or anything like that. I don't want to go through it all. I think I've accepted I'm a girl. But I'm just so confused about my sexuality now. I can't talk to my parents or a therapist because like I said I don't want to end up being a boy I just wish I was born one now. I've accepted I'm a girl I think. I'm just tired of wearing skirts and leggings. I can't just go out and boy boy clothes or baggy clothes. One because I can't afford it and my mum and dad would question me on it. I also don't know my sexuality as I said because I don't think I like boys now. Do you think I made up that character Alex because I want to be a boy? I feel more comfortable when I'm in my room pretending to be him. I'm so confused. What do you think?

Thank you :slight_smile: :kiss:

2. Notsoshure

This sounds very similar to what i have been going trough.
    When i think of it, i`ve always been thinking about how it would be to be a boy, how awesome it would be and such, but i`ve pushed it away from my thoughts.
    I once thought i might had a crush on a girl, and after that i freaked out and just went into this "i like boys. only boys. yes" period. Now i dont really know if i like boys, i`m just jaelous of them, feel like i want to be like them, and it`s scary. I think i just have two genders, i`m ok with being a female. I just think i have these boy and girl days/periods.

I don`t have much experience on this, but i think you maybe could created that characther for some reason like that. You don`t need to take a sex change you know, not everyone does that. :slight_smile:

Would you like to be adressed as a boy? Want to be seen as a boy in public? Would you want to look like a boy? You don`t need to take a sex change you know, not everyone does that.

i hope this could somewhat help you.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Notsosure makes some good points. And yes, a desire to medically transition (i.e., take hormones, have SRS, etc.) are NOT required. I'll never have bottom surgery and would prefer not to take T for longer than 18 months at the absolute most; I don't even have much body dysphoria except for my chest so, really, the physical part isn't important, only the emotional/ cognitive part is.

4. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Like I said, I hated being called a man but i would love to wake up in the morning and be Alex and how nobody question it :icon_bigg