1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and scared

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TheFSM, Jun 7, 2014.

1. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really know how to formulate this...
    Soo recently I have been feeling confused a lot. I always think
    "what makes you sure of your gender identity"
    "how do you know that this is right"
    I also started re-getting these feelings of denial that i had as i discovered non-binary identities. I often think stuff like "You can just be a woman and not conform to gender". I get where that thought is coming from.. But i just mostly not feel like a lady. I guess it is because i am scared of society.... (of not being accepting of my identity)
    thoughts on this? How do you know? i know that is probably a stupid question. I thought I knew too.... Many times.
    If anything else about this comes to my mind and i manage to write it out properly i will tell you...

2. ConfusedAtHeart

Why not stop worrying about titles for a while and do what makes you happy?
    ------------------------------
    Living your life as a woman, does that appeal to you? Would it make you happier? Think 10 years ahead, are you happy as a lady?

As humans, doubt is normal. It comes and goes.. BUT. Think of what makes YOU feel right. Don't let the narrow minds of society doubt yourself. You owe nothing to anyone. You shouldn't have to feel like you need to appease them.

If you're happy being non binary, then that's great! Because you are you. You DON'T have to conform. You don't HAVE to have a gender.

(*hug*)

3. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry or not responding dooner, i needed time to think about it...
    That is probably a good idea... but the label shit has just been coming-up all the time in my head....

Nope. Nope. I can't tell for the last one...
    Thank you a lot for this i think that is mainly what i needed. I think i am mostly scared about identifying as genderqueer and being discriminated for it.
    (*hug*)