1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realized that I will never be a Woman, now what?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Raatox, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Raatox

Hi!

Physically I'm a 25 year old woman, mentaly I'm a man. I guess. The thing is that i always tried to "pass" as a woman, thinking that some day I will grow up and feel as the woman my body tells me that I am. I've been dreaming about how i will dress up in a princess dress on my wedding day and really fell like a WOMAN, and in the next moment throw on my brothers jeans and a hoodie beccause I feel so wierd wearing womens clothes... :icon_wink. And I wanted to be a girl, I tried to act as a girl, to dress like a girl, have female interests and everything. But i always identified as a guy, all my idols are men, I love doing "Male" things, my bodylanguage is quite masculine, i can't wear make-up, dresses and purses without feeling as a transvestite. I feel like a boyfriend to my female friends and identifies more with gay guys than straigth girls, and so on and on and on. I always been so confused about this, but now i slowly start to realise that I might be transgender. That insight is a huge relief as it explain so much about myself and is at the same time very very confusing. Like, what do I do now?!

Does any of you have any tips, thoughts, kind words or something? I would be really grateful! :slight_smile:

#1 Raatox, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    um, the term is "transgender" would you be open to transitioning?

3. Raatox

ah, ok, thank you! edited it now (english isn't my native language).
    Uhm, well, I don't know. Probably not. At least not to take T, i think...

4. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was told once to only do what I was comfortable with. Meaning if you feel comfortable being a man but not comfortable going all the way into transitioning, than don't. I have a female body and a male personality, but I'm more than happy with it this way. I like my body the way it is, and I like my mind how it is as well.

5. birdking

It all comes down to whether you feel like a woman or a man.

Women don't have to wear fancy clothes or dresses or act feminine or any of that. Women can be masculine and have masculine body language, the same way men can be feminine and like "female" things. Women can have male role models. That's not what makes you transgender.

What makes you transgender is feeling like you are a different gender than the sex you were born as.

I'd say if you're not uncomfortable with your body, or if you'd rather people refer to you as "she" than "he," this is a gender roles thing rather than an indication that you're trans.

6. Raatox

Thank you so much for that! it really helped, probably i'm just confused about gender roles, as you say

7. straightqueer20

I feel exactly the same. I have always been better off wearing my regular jeans and t-shirt. I never wear dresses or anything but I've tried like wearing a female clothing like leggings and short shirt with a push up bra and I felt like a transvestite like I wasn't really representing myself in a way that I really felt was like myself. I went shopping with my mom once for feminine clothing it gave me a bad feeling trying the clothing on dresses I really feel weird in as well. I can wear some make up though. I have accepted in general a long time ago that I never was like other straight girls what was expected of me. I'm still not to that point though where I actually identify as female like I don't have body dysmorphia besides penis envy sometimes. But I don't really feel male. I never really saw myself as anything but me. But I totally can understand how that feels to realize who you are. I have realized what I really want and have tried to just embrace who I feel myself to be. As opposed to social norms. Whether it is perceived to make me male or female really. Just be you. Appreciate yourself for who you really are.