1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fennec, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    Physically, I was born female. However, I was very young when I realized I was a boy on the inside. My parents, being old fashioned, continued treating me like a girl and I grew confused. Now, I have a strong male persona but a female body and no urge to change that. But I also have an aggressive female persona that comes out at times. So this has led to my own confusion as to my gender identity and how anything seems to fit. I forget at times (unless I'm reminded) that my physical appearance is feminine and I have little to no body dysphoria.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this particular...well...not problem, that makes it sound bad.

2. Anonymous

You talk about this as if you feel like you have to be a specific gender. Newsflash, you are who you are. That could mean your a man, woman, both, neither, or a whole new gender completely. What you have in your pants does not define your gender.

3. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    Up until now I've spent an awful lot of time staring at the little boxes that say 'check for male or female'. There is no option for both.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me that sounds like the descriptions I've heard of how bigender people feel. Genderfluid could also possibly describe that. Try looking into those labels, and others, and see if anything fits.

5. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've thought genderfluid, but while that fits for most purposes, it doesn't fit me. Not really. Bigender might be closer.

6. Mejj

(Sorry if my english is bad, I am german)
    Have you heard about the term "bigender"?
    Like, being both male and female at the same time or changing between both of them because of... i donĀ“t really know why... maybe with the day or with your mood or with the situation. When you say you have a female persona that comes out sometime, it could be that.
    But you can also ask yourself if that "agressive female self" really is female, or if others just treated you that way so you got to think "Oh, this seems to be a female side of me, because they are calling me she when I am like that", because I confused that a lot too... What is female and what just felt female because I was (considered) a female when I did it, I mean.
    Hope you find out soon :thumbsup:

7. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I knew that this part of my personality is female. She is aggressive as well. I am most of the time very male. (I am well aware of my male-ness). But this part of me...just...sometimes comes out and isn't. I don't know.

8. Anonymous

"Male or Female'. Not man or woman. If you were biologically born a female, and this is say, a doctor thingy, then check female. You aren't checking the "woman" box. Just the box that lets the doctor know that you have a vagina. There is a big difference between sex and gender.