1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alfhild, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Alfhild

first an foremost i want to make sure that i don't offend anyone as it isn't my intention.
    so i read an article recently about that its possible to be under the trans umbrella as an androgyne/androgynous, which is something that really blew me away at first. But since then I've been doing more research and questioning my identity -because i just really need to know and its part of my ocd to have label to finally satisfy me i guess-:bang: right now im using trigender but im not entirely sure if that's what i think i am. anyways ive never really thought of myself as falling under the trans category, but there have been times that ive thought that id prefer having surgery and becoming a man, but then i end up with the conclusion that id never have the complete top and bottom surgery, and ive come to the conclusion that im more than one gender and i want my outsides to match the insides.
    sorry im just not sure what im really trying to ask here...

2. Stacy in MA

It's OK - sometimes it helps just to put some of your thoughts down in words. :slight_smile: It's also OK to take however much time you need to figure these things out.

Welcome to EC - hope you find what you are looking for! (*hug*)

3. Sarah257

It falls under the trans* umbrella because it "goes beyond" the gender binary. That's what the trans root really means. Just because you fall into such a broad category does not mean that you have to have surgery or anything else. Ultimately it comes down to what you want, what you're comfortable with.

4. Alfhild

thanks everyone :icon_bigg