1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like a thing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ulm, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am biologically a female and I love being a girl but recently I kinda don't identify as a female, I love hair and makeup and all the sorts but when I look at other girls I don't feel like I belong. I look at couples and see the female in the relationship and I don't identify with them. I want to get married when I grow older and have kids and a husband and all but I don't feel like the term 'wife' would suit me. I have many self image hang ups and I sometimes hate my body! I try not to compare myself with other people but it's very difficult . I definitely don't want to be a boy, I want to have children and all the sorts... But I don't feel like a 'woman' either. I just want to find my true self. I want to feel normal.

Any help?

*also I am obsessed with transgendered people both male and female. They have such confidence and experience which I really admire. They have strength and life that really intrigues me. I constantly watch transgendered videos and movies and read articles, on their experiences and I really admire them because they know who they are and will stop at nothing to become what they are even if society says no. God made them transgendered because he knew that they would have the strength to face the world and say who they really are. Transgender people inspire me so much.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm glad that the trans people you see in videos and articles inspire you, and the last thing I want to do is take that away from you, I feel compelled to point out that the reality is quite different.

I mean, I fit your description. I know who I am, and I will not bend to what society wants for me. I live my life as the woman I know I am inside and to hell with anyone who says otherwise.

But now ask anyone who knows me just how scared I am, how often I come to this forum with no confidence what-so-ever. Ask them about all the times that I've started the day as happy as can be and one little thing has sent me spiralling into misery.

And I know for a fact I'm not the only one, and all the people in those videos and articles with have felt, and most likely still feel the same way.

I'm not saying you shouldn't feel inspired by trans people when they appear confident, but I am saying you should be careful not to convince yourself that it gives people courage and confidence or things like that.

By all means by inspired when someone is confident about who they are, just be careful to understand WHY that inspires you.

Now on to your actual problem...you say you don't feel like a 'woman'...so what does that mean for you? What is a 'woman' and how do you feel different?

3. Acm

Acm Guest

It's nice that you feel so inspired by trans people, but you don't sound trans to me? If you were born biologically female and love being a girl then I'm not sure why you identify as trans...can you explain why you don't feel like a woman?

4. ErenJaeger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What exactly is "normal" these days anyway? Haha. But finding your true self doesn't necessarily mean you have to be trans/gender fluid/androgynous. If you love being a girl, then rock it the way YOU want to. Just because you feel like you don't fit in with the stereotypical female image doesn't mean you can't be one.

5. birdking

I think you're confusing not identifying with gender norms with signs of being trans.

It's important to remember that there's no set definition for "male" and "female." Men can act "female" and women can act "male" and that doesn't necessarily make them trans.

That said, if a label makes you comfortable, go for it.