1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my situation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by marieElaine, Jun 11, 2014.

1. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey,

I’ll use my first (maybe second, when you count the welcome-) post to describe my situation.

For years now I every now and then switch to a female form. Sometimes more often, sometimes I have so much distance to it that I cannot understand myself I liked it. Other times it is so ostensible that I cannot wait each day’s evening when I can switch.

It started about 2006 and never left me since then. But I also remember that I loved to dress like a girl when I was younger, maybe 14 - with my mother’s clothes. I felt the same then like now. But there was a really big break - and I assume that I really didn’t know what I was doing those days. But there always has been a great attraction to female thingies and clothes for me. I even remember me magically being attracted to a certain shop window in my home town where I every week loved to behold those fine female clothes.

Today, I just love feeling female - feeling like a girl. Or maybe woman, since I am in mid-thirties.
    It may all be fine since I do not feel guilt or such. But - there is always hole that remains, especially when I have to undress and switch back to male form.
    In my private circle of friends and family, no one knows - but one friend whom I could tell about this. So I have no one to talk to (that single friend isn’t that good as dialogue partner)
    My girl friend maybe would be shocked, as well as my parents.
    But, what is worse, I wouldn’t even know what to tell them. I do not want to be labeled as crossdresser since I do not see myself as this.
    For some time now I’ wondering if I would better be a girl. But there is no conclusion. Albeit I so often feel so completely feminine, there are times where I am completely content with me as I am. And - I am afraid I would give up my true being, would deny myself if I tried to to a transition.
    Maybe it’s because I know me for so long as I am, that I cannot bring my brain to a real conclusion.

Clearly you can say that I am obsessed of women and feminine things. I simply adore all (almost) that is womanlike, girly-ish and *not* male. On the other hand I decline male schemes, especially typical male stereotype things. Like, when browsing a catalogue and seeing those male models, I instantly feel disgusted.

Now you could say I should just open up, come out and tell my closest friends and family about me - dress up also in public, become as feminine as it can get (shaving beard, shaving legs etc)
    and be happy. But for me this won’t be the solution - since I either wanted to be male (and content) or female (and content) - for me, I had to be boy or girl.

I would feel very awkward when I would walk with my gf outside and looking like a lesbian couple, and at home we had sex with me as boy or - as “pseudogirl” with a penis.

Also, I would feel incomplete without real female traits like breasts and vagina. This would be essential for me.

So today I sit here and am very undecided. There is this urge to switch to feminine form where I can feel like a woman, but on the other hand it may not be (or may it) my real future.
    It seems that something is maybe lacking - the way a woman thinks and feels ? Don’t know.

The urge to transform to a woman also isn’t that big that I suffer. I have no suicide thoughts, I have no urge to harm myself, I do not hate my penis. It’s somehow like - “yes it’s finde to be male - but wouldn’t being female so much better?”

At the moment I could not think off being a girl in front of my girl friend of family. I would feel ridiculous. Also, because I cannot clearly tell why I do this - only that it feels damn good and right in some way (This was the feeling when I put on that short leopard dress in 2007 when all started again - it felt *right*)

So, this is my situation - thanks for reading

hugs, Marie

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing that with us Marie :slight_smile:

Today, I just love feeling female - feeling like a girl. Or maybe woman, since I am in mid-thirties.
    It may all be fine since I do not feel guilt or such. But - there is always hole that remains, especially when I have to undress and switch back to male form.

So if you had spent the day as female, and then you had to undress and be 'male' again, how would you feel? Would you be sad? Would you wish that you could be a girl again?

3. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First off, thank you for writing and sharing that. That's the first step and that takes courage.

Remember, it's about who you are inside. On the inside, it is better be a girl.

I feel to be in the same boat, feeling female. I also I loved to dress like a girl when I was younger.

I hope you continue this dialogue. Take care.

Connie.

4. Stacy in MA

Hi Marie, welcome to EC!

I think you'll find a lot of people here with similar experiences - personally, much of what you describe sounds familiar to me. Have you done any reading on non-binary genders? You may find something that feels right, and at the very least it may give you some food for thought!

5. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hi

yes I feel sad when I have to go back to my natural male form. It's, like I said, like there's a hole after a day/evening as a girl.
    Some days I cannot wait until I may dress again, I sometimes even leave work earlier for this :wink:

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think most of us can relate to that!

But for me this won’t be the solution - since I either wanted to be male (and content) or female (and content) - for me, I had to be boy or girl.

This is the part that interests me.

You say you are really happy when you are dressed as a girl. Is there any reason you wouldn't feel happy if you did this forever?

7. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Only if I really was female. As male (body) inside the female outfit this cannot go on forever

8. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Only if I really was female.

If you identify yourself as female, then you are female. Gender is a construct.

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But why can't it go on?

You are happy in the world as a girl, you are unhappy as a guy. Why would it suddenly be bad if you did it forever?

10. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you mean really transform, biological ? Or continue just dressing

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either.

If you continued dressing and being happy, why couldn't you live as a girl forever?

If you had breasts and a vagina (medical transition is possible after all), why couldn't you live as a girl forever?

12. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hmm when just continuing dressing - I would feel incomplete. For now this works as I am alone, for me, at home. But when my true identity would be: this is me, I look like a girl, I maybe AM a girl, I would also need a female body. And - face. More important. I would not like me being a girl with a male face.
    I know that gender roles are just made by our society and culture. But you cannot just deny them I think.

And the real problem is - I just don't know if being a girl would be my future. What if this really denies myself, my personality?
    I don't think this urge to feel like a woman is just a phase, but maybe it's not the right way for me to change sex. But if not - what could it be ? Either seems to be not the right way :frowning2:

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the last thing I want to do is try and persuade you to do something you are not comfortable with...

Just for a minute then consider your options. We'll ignore permanently living as female for a while, because you've explained your worries about that.

That leaves you with 2 options.

1. Living as male and dressing as female occasionally
    2. Living as male permanently - never dressing as female again. Being COMPLETELY male.

Living as male and dressing as female occasionally

This is what you are doing at the moment, and you describe the feeling as being empty. Like there is a hole in you. I have difficulty imagining that you could continue this way forever, but that is ultimately your choice.

Living as male permanently - never dressing as female again. Being COMPLETELY male.

How would you feel about this option?

14. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey

I agree with the two choices left.
    Living as a male forever - it would be the right choice for me if I'd knew that I cannot transform to a woman (whatever reason) I cannot and I will not continue just dressing - it's always a hazzle, it sometimes seems to tear me apart. It's a feeling of incompleteness somehow.
    So, I think I must come to a point where I can decide what to do.
    Maybe some day I will be ready to accept that I am something in between? Maybe it would be possible to grow breasts, totally appear as a woman from the outside but still have a penis. Maybe. But not today :-/

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot and I will not continue just dressing - it's always a hazzle, it sometimes seems to tear me apart. It's a feeling of incompleteness somehow.

Might I suggest the incompleteness comes from the fact that you have to go back to something you don't feel you are?

I know when I started dressing in private I felt comfortable and happy, and I hated going back to being 'male' every time, because I knew it wasn't what I wanted inside.

Maybe some day I will be ready to accept that I am something in between? Maybe it would be possible to grow breasts, totally appear as a woman from the outside but still have a penis. Maybe. But not today :-/

Nobody get's there immediately. This is one of the hardest decisions it is possible for a person to make, and it is really scary!

Just don't rule anything out just yet, OK? Don't force yourself to a life of sadness just because it seems easier! (*hug*)

16. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No i won't do that .. thanks for helping me a bit!

What I wondered about many times:
    Where are the boundaries between crossdressing and transgender? Is cd just a pre status of being transgender ? Is cd just for sexual purpose, to arouse you?

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are lots of reasons people cross-dress.

For some its a sexual thing, like you said. They will put on women's clothes because it arouses them. Sometimes they will pretend to be female during sexual roleplay.

Others do it for performance. Some do it for the fun of it. Some do it because they like the clothes or because they like twisting social fabric!

A lot of transgender people will start as crossdressers, but most crossdressers are not and will never be transgender*, if that makes sense.

(Yes, I know CD comes under the trans* umbrella but I'm talking in terms of actually feeling like you are the opposite sex, rather than just dressing as it)

Originally I thought I was a cross-dresser. I didn't feel anything sexual from wearing women's clothes, I just felt comfortable and normal. I also really loved wearing skirts because they made me feel cute.

I suppose the difference is that I really feel I was born a woman, but my body is wrong, and I'm working towards changing that.

18. marieElaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If I'd only knew how it feels when you are in a wrong body :slight_smile:

19. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would argue that you know exactly what it feels like...

You've already said that you are happy and comfortable dressing as a woman, but you couldn't do it forever because your body is wrong. So even if the feeling isn't very strong, I would suggest you know how it feels to have the wrong body.

Thing is not everybody changes their body, for some people it isn't necessary at all...