1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling...sexual

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Jun 11, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK this is something I've been meaning to bring up for a while, but I've been putting it off because honestly it makes me a little uncomfortable...up until very recently you couldn't say anything remotely sexual around me without me blushing (one of my friends had a game where she would say 'panties' and watch my face go red), and so I've not really had a lot of practice talking about these kinds of things...I intend to keep this as NON-GRAPHIC as possible, and I'd appreciate it if anyone who responds could do the same.

Anyway...some of you know this about me already but I've not always been that big on the whole sex thing. I think I can say with some confidence that my gender issues were basically the reason for this, because I can't help that notice that now I've accepted who I am, a lot of those issues have gone away.

The problem is that for the first time I'm actually experiencing a desire to do stuff and have stuff done to me. I guess this is a good thing, because at least it means I've solved an intimacy issue, but it is also problematic.

I have a personal rule whereby I would prefer to save sex and sexual things for somebody I really care about. I'm not talking 'save it 'til marriage' kind of extremes, I just mean I wouldn't feel comfortable doing simple things, let alone some of the more...exciting things I'd like to try with someone I didn't know and trust.

I like this rule, and I don't intend to break it, but it's getting pretty hard to maintain that view. There's only so much 'personal time' can fix, you know? It's hard to recreate the multi-player experience on solo play!

I'm not sure there is even a question here...I guess I just need to vent.

It also doesn't help that I keep telling myself (and I'm trying to stop) that I'm not going to find someone anyway.

2. Mejj

Well you sound like you don´t like "feeling sexual" at all, but it´s really the most natural thing in the world after you have gone through puberty (exept when you´re asexual).
    I must admit, I don´t know many of your posts, and I don´t know how long you´ve been taking hormones, but if you are "going through female puberty" right now, then that would explain it.

I also think that it means that you are getting more comfortable with youself and your body, so it´s definetly a good sign, because you can only be comfortable with another person if you are with yourself.

You say that you wouldn´t like to break that rule, so don´t break it. It´s not like desire is going to "completely overwhelm" you and "make you do things you don´t want to" or something like that, because you sound like you´re afraid of that. And, sorry if that sounds too extreme for you but I don´t know any other way to say it: You can always have fun by yourself and fantasize. Or maybe you find someone you like and who also likes you, that would be even nicer. :icon_wink
    And stop feeling like you´re never going to find someone, because every person is different, and you may just haven´t found the person who fits together with you yet. :icon_wink

I hope my random collection of thoughts was able to help you!

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you sound like you don´t like "feeling sexual" at all, but it´s really the most natural thing in the world after you have gone through puberty (exept when you´re asexual).

It's not so much that I don't like it...I mean I like the fantasies and everything...I think it's partly because I'm not used to it, so it feels pretty strong, and there is nothing I can do about it...

It feels unbalanced I guess...like there are some things that I would really love to happen that I can't do on my own...

I must admit, I don´t know many of your posts, and I don´t know how long you´ve been taking hormones, but if you are "going through female puberty" right now, then that would explain it.

You're right, it would, unfortunately I'm not on hormones yet :frowning2:

I also think that it means that you are getting more comfortable with youself and your body, so it´s definetly a good sign, because you can only be comfortable with another person if you are with yourself.

That's true! :slight_smile:

You say that you wouldn´t like to break that rule, so don´t break it. It´s not like desire is going to "completely overwhelm" you and "make you do things you don´t want to" or something like that, because you sound like you´re afraid of that.

I am...I mean it's one of those things where I think if I ended up on a date or something with someone who seemed nice, and they wanted to have sex, then I'd be tempted to go along with it at the moment, even though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea in practice.

And, sorry if that sounds too extreme for you but I don´t know any other way to say it: You can always have fun by yourself and fantasize. Or maybe you find someone you like and who also likes you, that would be even nicer.

I can do certain things...but you know...not everything. And even the things that I can do aren't quite the same...as for finding someone who likes me...yeah, that'll happen!

And stop feeling like you´re never going to find someone, because every person is different, and you may just haven´t found the person who fits together with you yet.

Yeah, I know...low self esteem is a bitch I guess...

I hope my random collection of thoughts was able to help you!

Thanks for your response! (*hug*)

4. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I did the same thing. I waited and waited and waited. It wasn't until I found someone I was willing to share that with that I did anything. I can say that for me it was well worth it. For others it might be different.

Might I suggest that you explore this with care and take your time. I know, it's difficult to sit there and want to be sexual when you're alone. But it's better to take your time than to maybe rush into something.

5. SockPuppet

I can relate. I haven't dated anyone in 4 years, mostly because of my dysphoria, that head butting of wanting to be close to someone, but feeling like there's something off...gee, I wonder what.

But the thing is, humans are sexual beings, so those desires are still there, and are very conflicting with feeling like you're incomplete, or not how you want to see yourself. I've mostly resigned myself to not dating again until I feel more comfortable in my skin, but it doesn't take away the wish to occasionally have someone to hold, or someone to hold me.

And then there's those mornings where you just wake up and you want to *text deleted so as to not get into TMI territory* and then you *text deleted so as to not get into TMI territory* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, yeah, you're not alone.

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, (*hug*). And now moving on...

I think a lot of us can empathize with how you've felt and how you're feeling now. I'm close to the "wait until marriage type" (minimum, a promise of proposal and accompanying ring) but that doesn't mean that the desire isn't there. The thing is that there is a difference between raw desire and focused desire. When it's raw (like what you describe), it's just a natural physiological occurrence - especially common before age 25 or so. But following this and matching it with someone else's raw desire won't lead to anything meaningful - release, perhaps, but not love. Still, if it is only release that you need, just pursue this carefully.

I'll share my personal reason for being able to wait - because it's focused desire that I want. When I use to think about just "getting it over with," I never could because I want real intimacy and to crave, not sex, but another person. Just sex would be like exercising, nothing more than a sequence of movements. Making love should feel consuming, like it's the person you need more than anything in the world. Maybe after a hook-up you leave or they do, maybe you kiss, maybe you say nothing. But if you're with someone whom you love and who loves you, they're the one you will fall asleep and wake up beside. That, more than anything is what's worked to keep me in check: a desire that is stronger than that for sex - the simple desire to kiss the woman I love goodnight.

So, take that for whatever it's worth. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See that's just it...you know, I want to be able to do things (even adventurous things) and lose myself in it, and when it's done have my partner still want to be with me, and hold me and look into my eyes and just make me feel like special...without going into detail, you know, there are some aspects I'd like to try that I just couldn't be comfortable doing with someone who intended to leave right after...I guess it's just that reassurance that even though we just did something that realistically seems a lot like me handing over control and shifting the power balance or whatever, that they will return it to normal and still think of me as an equal partner, not some meat-bag they just boned and walked away from.

But having said that, that isn't the kind of thing you can rush, even though part of me really wants to rush it...

My head asplode!

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone who doesn't look at you as an equal partner (or preferably, as the light of their life!) doesn't touch you, is that clear, young lady? Don't make me get my broadsword and start chasing some jerks. :roflmao: jk. (But I do have a broadsword :lol:slight_smile:

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I;'m still not convinced such a person exists...that's actually part of the problem...

You know, I know I'm putting myself down and I shouldn't...but still...

10. ProtegeMoi

I went from sex all the time (17-22) to mask feelings. Then every 5 years since has seen a huge decline into nothingness. I can't feign interest anymore and the thought of sex with dude parts makes me very upset. I don't see anything happening until a few years down the road when srs is over with. I'm glad my wife is understanding.

I agree with Gates btw (minus the broadsword) and will sternly scold someone and give them the death stare if they don't treat you right. I am happy that you are opening up more and allowing yourself to think about the future. To me it means you're more comfy in your own skin and that's wonderful.

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

12. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    right next to you Gates, old boy. Katana and Bow in hand.

Holly, i kind of know how your feeling. im middle aged, balding, over weight (working on that) and i hate so many parts of my body it's ridiculous, who wants that?:bang::tears: and you have lots of time, believe it or not. (*hug*)

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You planning on shooting the katana from the bow or something xD

But seriously, you are right of course, it's not like I'm going to keel over and die in the next year (well probably), I don't need to be rushing anything...(*hug*)

14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and just to add, you look great. ive seen your before and now pictures and your fabulous.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2014 at 08:27 PM ----------

only if i run out of arrows pin cushioning all your suitors to the wall(*hug*)

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could forget your arrows and still not run out methinks :slight_smile:

16. Minnie

Oh my God you sound like me. I too am wanting to do stuff but for years had had the "I want it to be with someone special" thing, and when it starts to break, it's so weird... yet natural... but still... gkeroihnejoe?!?! :confused:
    I think you need to try and get your finger on what you really want. Is the desire to just let go stronger than the wish to share sexual experiences with someone special? The other way round? 50/50? Just be honest with AND KIND TO yourself - if you feel you wanna go just go for it, don't beat yourself up. That said, don't rush into things if you know in your hearts of hearts you'll regret it. But even if you do, still don't beat yourself up over it!
    I really want to sing Let it Go now... goddamit...

17. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a katana, wakizashi, bow and arrows, and a broadsword. I think between the two of us, we have enough armory to protect the ladies... and perhaps begrudgingly share with them if asked. :roflmao:

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2014 at 05:30 PM ----------

You'll find someone, Holly, for sure. Don't give up! (*hug*)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

#17 Gates, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  18. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please, my armoury is more than sufficient ;D

And I won't give up...I'm sure it'll happen eventually, I just rather if it was going to happen it happened soon-ish...

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    mmm looks at wall, katana, cutlas, sai, kung fu sword, broad sword, couple of daggers, couple Shillelaghs, thats not even counting the fire arms locker:lol: yup, we good.

20. ProtegeMoi

I'm like the only one without weapons haha. Look out I have my Nalgene bottle, nail file and can dial 911! I do have an axe though that I once killed a giant possum with (it was on the porch trying to hurt some 2 week old kittens so please no hate!!).