1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a gender thing or...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lionfood, Jun 11, 2014.

1. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little confused. I'm cisgendered and definitely sure that I identify female, but sometimes I want to bind my breasts and dress androgynously. I cut my hair into a fairly feminine pixie cut last year and I enjoy being female but sometimes I just want to be not-obviously female? I have to add that this isn't OFTEN, just occasionally.

I like having a feminine figure and stuff, but once I walked into a classroom full of Year 8's (12-13 y/o's) and someone called out "Are you a boy or a girl?" and I was really confused as to why they couldn't tell I was female (I've got pretty wide hips and I wear SO much eyeliner) but it felt kind of cool that they couldn't tell.

So I don't know. Is this a thing, or does everyone get like this, or what?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you identify as female, it's not a gender thing, it's just a presentation thing. You can present however you like and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your gender. It just means you like looking androgynous sometimes, which lots of people do.

3. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, that makes sense :grin: I figured it wasn't a gender thing but I had to be sure because I didn't even know gender was a thing until like, last year.

4. Minnie

People of all gender identities like to cross-dress, explore, experiment. Plus it's fun bringing out sides to your personality that don't pop up as often :slight_smile:
    (Have to say from your description, that style of dress seems really cool!)