1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever get fed up with others' opinions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Minnie

Having explored my gender identity (which I think may include agender too, although my mum is cis and says she sometimes doesn't feel like she has a gender so it could be just how you view or don't yourself) and spoke to family about it, one thing that irritates me is the nagging at the back of my head that people are going to make judgements about my gender by what I wear. I still have all my "girl" clothes but one of the things putting me off wearing them is thinking that my family will assume this means I think I'm a girl and cisgendered, rather than it not necessarily meaning anything. Because it's been a fairly big topic in my life (and theirs too), I've got it into my head that it's going to be on their minds a lot too and so I think I feel a need to be aware of that, of what they're thinking. I'd like to be able to wear something without being told it looks girly (not that I really wear dresses or anything), or commenting on how much my sports bras flatten my boobs. I hate my appearance being commented on right now since there's always the transgender issue in my head, rather than just taking compliments for looking cool.
    I guess this is more me letting off steam (sort of, it doesn't really annoy me... maybe just "rambling"?), but hey ho. (!)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh all the time...that's part of the reasons I cannot bring myself to wear trousers...

3. Minnie

Hahaha! XD