1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So today, I feel like a man...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by futuristiclover, Jun 12, 2014.

1. futuristiclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So today, I feel like a man. I felt like a man last night. It's a sensation that is totally new for me, as a man. I suddenly feel the need to identify with men, to listen to male pop singers (instead of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry :lol:slight_smile:, I feel like a completely different person.
    Up until now, I have always felt quite feminine. The last few weeks, I have constantly been questioning my gender. Biologically, I am a man. However, me feeling like a man is the last thing I expected to come out of this. I've always known I identified male sexually, but felt (up until yesterday) like I identified as a woman socially. Now I just identify as a man, end of sentence. It's amazing really, but also so scary. I feel like I get myself in a way, on the other hand, I feel like I just lost this feminine part of myself.

I don't know if I should just be fine with it; I mean, I finally feel like me (male) and I'm happy in a way, just a little stressed. I finally feel like things are getting better, like the feelings I have are normal, but still. I got this feeling something's off, and I can't put my finger on it.
    All I know is that, today, I feel like a man. I feel like I can enjoy being a man. I just don't get it, what about feminine me? Where did 'she' go? :help:

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 11:21 AM ----------

I'm guessing I know what the problem could be. Me, trying to ignore feminine things, because I am scared they will make me less of a man. I am not even surpressing them though, just ignoring them. Doing something feminine might feel the void I feel; they're part of me obviously.