1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM wondering what to do

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AngerAndAgony, Jun 12, 2014.

1. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya. So... I have been having a really hard time with this. Anyway, my dad had let me wear guys clothing and cut my hair fairly short (though I want it shorter). But I brought up the idea of getting a binder today and he told me not till I'm 18. I'll be 17 in 4 days, on the 16th, and I really don't like my body. I'm like a 42D sized breast, and I wear size 18 jeans. He only lets me cut my hair every few months or so so it grows out long in between. I came our to him and he has kinda flip flopped between support and nonsupport.

So basically the reason he gave for not letting me get a binder is that he doesn't want to deal with it. HE doesn't want to deal woth it if I get bullied. I have been bullied every single day of my life for other stuff and I have dealt with it thus far. I'm pretty sure I can deal with these idiots that mean nothing to me. He doesn't even want me out at school.

Every day I feel worse about my body. It makes me feel sick, I cry... I don't want to have to be a girl anymore. What I wanted to ask is what can I do? Someone please help me. I don't know how much mire I can take.

2. Theboythat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Try buying it with your own money, so he can't stop you. You shouldn't have to suffer just because he thinks it's good for you.

3. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only problem there is that I don't have a credit card or live anywhere near a place I could get one. I also don't have any cash because he needed it for grocery money and he owes me money but refuses to let me get one.

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him how you feel, that binding will make you happier and not binding makes you more sad than being bullied. Usually parents let you do what makes you happy even if they don't agree with it, if they realize it's so important to you.

5. tone

You could maybe try alternatives to binding, I don't know how well they would work with your size breasts, but sports bras (layering them) or making your own binder, there's a lot of tips online about that. But, real binders are the safest way so I agree about talking to your dad and trying to convince him first

6. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I decided to try that... And he basically told me to stop asking or he'll ground me from everything. He seems to only care about how it will affect him. It really sucks. I guess I'll have to try the layering sports bras idea because he won't let me try making anything out of anything. If he gets me again... I dunno what I'll do.

7. earthlvr510

There are a bunch of places that give free binders to trans youth that you could check out. TransGuys - Where to Get Free or Reduced Price Chest Binders This site has a list of places. Maybe you could get one from them and have it mailed to a friend? There are other good treads on here about hiding them from parents and all once you get one too. Good luck :slight_smile:

8. Devin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell him that if you get one it'll reduce the chances of you being bullied. Surely he cares for your safety.

I have top dysphoria too, I hate having my chest jut out (even though I'm really small). I always try to hide it. And I hate when guys look at it, when did the part of the body solely used for feeding babies become sexual?!