1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A hair question :P

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wolf runner, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So anyway...I'm finally growing my hair out (yay) and it's growing out a bit thicker than I'd like, to the point where it's just difficult. I'm just wondering how people thin out their hair. I don't have access to a hair salon...I don't think...cause it's expensive and I don't have that much money.

2. KayJay

I had (and still have) the same problem. I go to the salon and have it thinned every few months which is expensive as heck but I guess that is one of the many prices to pay for beauty. The lady used scissors and not that special took for thinning since it works really poorly on curly hair.

3. wanderinggirl

4. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

You can get an undercut, which will make it grow flatter. Or you can get thinning shears from any place that sells hair cutting items. You snip the under/middle layers and it takes out roughly half of the hair volume. My mom used to be a hairdresser. Also, you can get some relaxant from a beauty supply. My hair is extremely think, so I did the shears and a slight undercut by lifting my hair on top like I was pulling it back, letting it hang down at right above eyebrow level. I then cut that hair to about 1 inch and it helped dramatically.