1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help asap

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thelostboyxxx, Jun 15, 2014.

1. thelostboyxxx

i know that i'm a transgender male and yes i do have dysphoria yes i know what it feel to have dysphoria yes i also know what dysphoria mean i just want it my mom to understand this so came out like a month ago about it she just told me some stupid stereotypes so i did my own research i use to feel like i was the only gay transman alive if it was not for tumblr i would be lost tumblr help out a lot i now know that there are gay tranguys out there some were i may not know these guys i'm just happy there are some one out there that's just like me that feel the same way i do every transman i meet have always been only into girls i almost give up hope i know deep in my heart i was not ment to be a girl this body just don't fix with my brain if your just going to tell me i'm wrong for feeling this way please don't even write any thing

2. stormborn

there are lots of gay transmen out there. i've got a preference for guys, myself. gender identity and sexual orientation are two very different things, which it might be helpful to explain to your mom. you could also try showing your mom some resources pertaining to transgender youth, such as pamphlets or documentaries. you might want to suggest she go to a support group for parents of trans kids. the PFLAG website has a lot of great websites.

there are many other people who feel the same as you do. finding those people, whether it be on tumblr like you said or on a forum like this one, is very helpful in making us feel less alone. i'd encourage you to keep engaging in trans communities.

good luck friend, stay strong (*hug*)

3. birdking

it's totally okay to feel like that! there are lots of gay transmen, and Tumblr is definitely a good resource when you're transitioning.

gender and sexual orientation have nothing to do with each other

4. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, I'm a gay transguy :slight_smile:

Sorry about your mom. I haven't found the courage to tell mine yet. It's really difficult for people to understand dysphoria if they don't have it. It's like a bird explaining to a fish how to fly. You're in a safe place. No one here is going to tell you your feelings are wrong (*hug*)

5. nathanxalex

nathanxalex Guest

if you are looking for some one to talk to i'm here

6. itsAli

Hello, gay transman here!
    I felt the same way, when I was searching, every other trans man I saw seemed to be with girls.
    No one's going to tell you it's wrong here, this is a very open and accepting community, this is a safe space for us all