1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anyone out there... (echo echo echo)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by corvusalbus, Jun 16, 2014.

1. corvusalbus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone...
    so... .... I'm gonna try to articulate what is going on with me and hopefully someone here relates... or not... I don't know.
    Anyway, a short time I was looking at a series of photographs of agender people, and something in myself responded to that. But I don't feel that I'm agender, but it sparked something. I think it was a moment for me that I realised that this feeling I've always had that I'm "doing gender wrong" was misplaced and that it's society to blame for shaming me into a binary system I don't belong to... does that make any sense?

But on the other hand, some of my feelings can definitely be chalked up to just plain old frustration at gender roles, like me not wearing make-up and being really independent, that's for anyone and not a part of gender expression or identity (imo at least). But there has always been this feeling that I don't fit, like when I'm having a night out with my girlfriends, where it feels like I don't understand exactly everything that is going on and usually end up being the odd man out, so to speak.

Am I making any sense? :help:

2. ginger cthulhu

Makes total sense.

For me, hanging out with my lady friends (or, the few I have), is what initiated this long discovery of who I am.

I realized I was different, and started to ask myself some important questions. I now identify as genderfluid.

Good luck to you!

3. birdking

yeah I mean gender roles are weird and not everyone fits the mold. That doesn't necessarily make you trans.

the very same thing actually slowed down my whole self-discovery thing because even though I felt male, I still enjoyed stereotypically feminine things. I liked hanging out with people of all genders.

so yeah. society sucks because it doesn't account for those of us who are different