1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New School Year

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Red Turtle, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Red Turtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I will be beginning grade 10 in the fall and I think I am ready to start school as a guy. I talked to my mom about it and she said it is up to me. I am really nervous, but I don't think I can go another year wearing the girls school uniform. We are going to set up a meeting with the principal near the end of the summer. I am just afraid of what will happen when I do begin school in the boys uniform and with my new name (Logan). There was a kid 2 years ago, who was in 11th grade, who wore girls clothes to school on a day we were allowed to not wear our uniforms and got completely beat up and ended up transfering schools. It would probably be different for me if I arranged everything with the school before the year started, but I am still nervous.
    On a side note, I was thinking about getting an official binder and I was curious about sizes and stuff. I am a 36C and I currently wear 2 very tight sports bras at the same time to bind.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My guess is that things will be different if you get things set up before with the school as well. I would just be sure to have a plan so that if something does happen, then you have someplace safe to go to and somebody that you can report it too. Sizing for binders really depends on the site that you are getting them from, so I would look at the sizing charts and follow the way that they say to measure yourself. Binders can be uncomfortable at first, so I would suggest wearing them for small periods of time before you start school so that you are used to it. Also, don't sleep in a binder... it will kill your ribs..

3. Also you might want to email your teachers before hand with the name and pronouns you want to be called in class. It could make things easier.

4. stormborn

^this. i've learned not to trust the admin to get on the things they say they will do very fast, or at least not the admin at my school. plus it's always good to personally explain your situation to prevent any possible misunderstandings :slight_smile: