1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats my size - Crossdressing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by confusedmale, Jun 17, 2014.

1. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

So I see we have a female clothing thread, which by the way is awesome, nice choices ladies. But for us guys out there, can someone help with sizing and maybe some places to shop for sexy cute clothes?

2. KayJay

It's usually easiest go into some sort of clothing store and pick out a few sizes then see which size fits best. Then you at least have an idea of your size. Although I find some places sizes are different. Like a medium from H&M is perfect but a medium from American Eagle is too big or small.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it could get a bit pricey but you could go to a vintage place like value village or the salvation army and get clothes in different sizes and try them on to see what fits you and re-donate the ones that don't fit back to the charity. or if your brave do the same at walmart and return the ones that don't fit for refund or for the size you need.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2014 at 03:48 PM ----------

one other thing, for shoes i find that i need to go up 2 sizes for male to female. so i take an 8 mens and a ladies 10. now if i could get my dress size to match my shoe size.

4. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

I mainly have probs with tops and dresses, not sure if id be able to return stuff but i have purchased stuff from local stores. And where do u all find those cute outfits.

5. KayJay

You should try things on in the store, no shame in that.

6. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

Not quite ready for that. How do women know sizes, i mean like my wife can go pick out stuff for me and it fits and looks great, but i always seem to have problems. And when i do find right size, they just dont. Compliment me.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

For example, I really like short skirts cause i have nice legs, and I really like when I can actually pass as a girl. Problem is my arms give me away how do I find stuff that compliments my body type so that I dont come across as drag.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well most of my stuff came from value village and from the SA, so i got lucky with sizes LOL as to cute, well........ im not sure cause im the only one who has seen me.:lol:

you said your wife picked up stuff for you? is she completely on board? if so you have a resource many of us would love to have. get her to help you pick up clothes for that cousin or niece, if you like to dress younger, etc. and i have returned a couple of things at walmart and when they asked if there was something wrong with the clothes, i said honestly "well, i guess i can't guess sizes very well, can i get a size up or down, or can i get a refund?"

8. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

My wife is kinda bi curiius, so i guess when I dress up she uses that to her benifit, i think part is she just wants to make me happy. And yes im into more younger apparel i think. I really like short skirts, and sexier tops, but hard to do long sleeve tops with short skirts. Thx for the tip on the returns never thought of it like that.

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im thinking your a lucky man, if you get fox new channel check out many of the female anchors short skirts and long sleeves, and looking fabulous. plenty of women have "big" arms and great legs. ladies come in all shapes and sizes and we are all our own worst critics.(*hug*)

10. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

Thx maybe urr right i may be overcritical.

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

13. Just Jess

So this is completely unfair, but unlike with women's clothes, you can actually just measure parts of you in inches with a tape, and those numbers will in turn actually mean something as far as guy's clothes. Even more unfair? Brands do not matter. One person's 32 is another person's 32.

Waist : They do still flatter people a little here unfortunately. If you are bigger than 30 inches - measure around your hips - subtract 6 from this number and don't go below 32.

Inseam : measure from the top of your inner thigh to your ankle bone

Shirt : measure around your neck for the number if there is one. Try on a small, medium, and large t-shirt some time.

Jackets : these you just have to try on. A 40 r is a good place to start. A guy's jacket should reach the end of your wrist without covering your hand; personal preference but if you wear a wristwatch it should be halfway covered.

Shoes : Subtract 2 sizes if you are at least a size 8, 1 size otherwise.

Even if you do not have a measuring tape, the whole point is that once you try on a 32 one time in a store, you can just memorize that number and use it without even trying on clothes!

14. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

Thats extremly helpful ty so much.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Ok wait what if my waist is less than 30

15. Silver Sparrow

For women, some sites do have size charts where you can find what size corresponds to your measurements (although it is different in almost every brand.)

16. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Don't go to the Salvation Army. Go to goodwill. Salvation Army wants LGBT people to die.

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    then your a lucky lucky girl(*hug*)

18. Just Jess

OMG sorry OP, teach me to read threads! I really thought you were FtM. Well same advice in reverse :slight_smile:

Women's clothes you really just have to try on, no exceptions. I mean... wow okay, embarrassing. I'm a size 14 - 16 with most brands, but I have been able to go as low as 11 and as high as 18.

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well they do some good work in other areas and i've worked with the Devil before, so.....

20. confusedmale

confusedmale Guest

So what size do womens start at and approx for 28 w