1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nightdream, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it possible somebody identify as female demiguy or should this person identify herself as demigirl instead?

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Well, I'm not actually sure what 'demi' means sorry. :frowning2: In my opinion, you should identify however you feel most comfortable. It's your identity. No one else's. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Demigirl: A demigirl is someone who only partially (not wholly) identifies as a girl or woman, whatever their biological sex. They may or may not identify as another gender[2] in addition to feeling partially a girl or woman.
    Alternatively, demigirl can be used to describe someone assigned female at birth who feels but the barest association with that identification, though not a significant enough dissociation to create real physical discomfort or dysphoria, or someone assigned male at birth who is trans feminine but not wholly binary-identified, so that they feel more strongly associated with “female” than “male,” socially or physically, but not strongly enough to justify an absolute self-identification as “woman".

The demiguy is the reverse thing. Yeah, I know the only person that can identify my gender is myself. I was just afraid of having problems in identifying myself that way. Before creating this tread I labeled myself in this site as "non-stereotypical female", but knowing that it'd give me some trouble, I thought that putting "female demiguy" would give me less trouble. So then, I remember the definition of demigirl and it sounds to fit me pretty well. The problem is that I sorta identify myself as both sexes, but I have some inclination towards de female one and I clearly have a masculine(or should I say, non-feminine) side of me that's part of me.
    I think "demigirl" describes me pretty well, but I don't like the name it was given to it, y'know?

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe you should go with whatever pronoun you use. If you prefer feminine pronouns, go with demigirl. If you prefer masculine pronouns, go with demiguy. If you prefer neutral pronouns, erm, not really sure there. Sorry.

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agender? I don't feel bad with any of the pronouns, but it'd be better to use the feminine ones since I'm born woman and I'm more used to it, right? Sometimes I wonder if I'd feel better if I people used masculine pronouns though... Never interacted with anybody else while being considered male so I don't really know.

#5 Nightdream, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess. But gender neutral terms are used by every one. I know a few binary people who use neutral pronouns. I do. It's just better than feminine pronouns, but it's not quite so outing as masculine pronouns.

And... maybe? If you don't feel bad with any of the pronouns, then yeah, I'd probably choose to be called the one that you're most comfortable and/or familiar with. It'll be less confusing on you and your family/peers. But whatever works, I guess.

7. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's totally 100% fine to identify as a female demiguy!! You can be a female and still identify partially with another gender, this means you're not cis, but it does not mean you cannot still be a female!! But demigirl might fit better, from my understanding (of being a nonbinary demiboy) the demi comes before whichever gender you feel most like! So if you feel more female, then demigirl would probably fit better. You could even say you're a bigender demigirl or whatever you want, since you said you feel a connection to both genders.

There's also a new term that's gaining popularity called nan0girl or nan0boy which is basically like demiboy/girl but instead of being mostly whichever gender like demi-genders are, nan0 genders are what you identify as but just a little bit. So you could play around with those too, although they're really really recent.

8. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nan0girl(boy)? Never heard about that, but thanks for letting me know about the existence of this gender identity.

9. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.

Demi Moore!!! :roflmao::roflmao: See what I did there..

I kid, I kid. I can't really answer your question, but I hope ^ this at least puts a smile on your face. Or possibly causes the whole of EC to /facepalm in unison??

<--- Always here when you need the world's worst bad joke delivered at the most inappropriate time. :grin:

#9 Dinah, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  10. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's ok. Questioning your gender too?

11. Dinah

Pretty much, yeah. And also, trying to figure out how to tell my family about it. Already told my oldest younger sister and my older brother, so that's a small step at least. Really want to tell my parents but I'm scared to do so.

#11 Dinah, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  12. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should take a look at the Coming Out Advice forums, the people here might give you some help. You could also create a tread to discuss about your gender identity, the members of this forum can't tell you the gender you identify with, but they could give you some hints to help you finding out.
    I was questioning my gender because of the way I behave and think, but that's not how you should try to discover your identity. I can tell you that the best way to discover which gender you identify with is trying to think how you'd like people to see you. Do you want them to see you like a man? Are you comfortable with male pronouns? Things like that. I'm not an expert on this, so I believe it'd be better for you to make some research about it and keep in mind that gender expression is not the same thing as gender identity.

Good luck for you.

13. Dinah

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...91-feeling-completely-unhinged-right-now.html

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2014 at 12:36 PM ----------

Good advice for all. Much appreciated. :slight_smile: