1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria from not beeing male(or female) enough?! (is it dysphoria?)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Raatox, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Raatox

Hi!

I'm in the awesome :slight_smile:rolle:slight_smile: process of accepting that i am ftm transgender (i guess) and think a lot about my life and how i react in different situations and today I came up with this:

I'm normally a quite peaceful, kind and calm person, but sometimes I get really pissed off and I realized today that it most often happens when I feel as if I fail to be a man. Like when I'm not strong or fast enough, when I don't solve technical problems good enough or can't keep up with the guys in some other way.
    Then I really hate my self and the whole world and cry and yell and is really not a nice person.

So my question is now, does anyone else recognize this (or something similar) as dysphoria or is it just me having high demands on myself?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

It sounds like you're paying too much attention to gender roles. Gender roles don't mean anything about your gender, so yeah you probably just have too high of expectations. Don't focus on trying to measure up to other guys, just be yourself, that's good enough :slight_smile:

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

My dear, it's completely common to have these kind of worries. But we are smart people, we haven't to think we are "not trans enough". We have to be OURSELVES, because every single one is special.

About me, I was very sad because I'm metrosexuals and I was worried to seem "not manly enough". But in a paradoxical manner, I realised I'm more manly when I'm metrosexual instead.

Why?

Because I. Am.Me.

Go out and be yourself, man. You're fucking awesome. (I saw your photo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. Raatox

Thank you so much for your awnsers!

I think the thing is that I hate it when it gets obvious that I'm not the man I feel like. And not keeping up with them physically is something I acctually can do something about and then my crazy high expectations of myself kicks in, telling me that I'm not good enough, which freaks me out :wink:

5. birdking

It's totally normal to feel like you need to prove yourself, but what you need to remember is that you don't!

I feel that way all the time, and yeah I assume it's dysphoria. Try doing pushups or something, that makes me feel better and like I'm at least trying.

6. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, that is definitely a form of dysphoria, "not matching up" is definitely something a lot of transguys feel