1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine Men's Clothing--FTM

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Jun 21, 2014.

1. justjade

Hey, all.

I was thinking about trying this brand I found on Amazon called SSLR. They're based in the UK and therefore have sizes a little smaller than brands based in the US. That's good for me since I'm 5'4" and about 120 lbs with a 28-30" waist. Yep, I am one little dude.

It sucks because, up until this point, it's been hard for me to find clothing except for shopping Asian brands, especially from China since the men over there are really small. However, I guess a lot of reviewers have said that these companies are extremely unreliable. I didn't have any problem the one time I ordered something from Zeagoo, but every time I even look at trendy Asian clothing, I feel ordering would be like playing Russian roulette with my wallet.

So yeah, SSLR is looking very promising. I absolutely love the way their clothes look. They strike me as being very whimsical and fun, as well as modern and fashion-forward. Some of you may know that I'm positively obsessed with fashion. I'm constantly browsing the internet for the latest men's fashion trends and even have a subscription to a men's fashion website. They send me e-mails every so often, and I love reading them.

One thing I love is that this particular website broaches subjects like men's jewelry, scarves, and colorful shoes. There was even a post I received recently specifically dedicated to men's earrings. Yes, that's right--earrings. After being told that men who wear earrings are 'so 90's' and 'trashy', reading that post gave me hope since I have two lobe piercings in each ear.

Another thing I've been noticing is the emergence of men wearing floral patterns on everything from shorts to shirts to tattoos. I'm pretty confident in myself at the moment and wonder if I could pull off something like, say, a button-front shirt with a floral pattern peaking out from inside the collar. This is the one I'm thinking of specifically: SSLR Men's Summer 1/2 Sleeve Color Blocking Shirt at Amazon Men’s Clothing store: I want to get it and just see how it works out.

So what do you all think? Can trans men pull off feminine clothing and still pass? I mean, not that I'm terribly worried about passing at this point, but still, do you think it's a good idea? How do you feel about men, trans or cis, wearing floral patterns? What about jewelry? Any thoughts? Anything you think men shouldn't be afraid to wear? Anything you think men should never wear under any circumstances?

I appreciate your feedback. :slight_smile:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Feminine clothing might make passing harder but it is still possible. I think men should be able to wear whatever they want too, even if it is feminine.

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dude i dress those stuff whenever i feel like it sometimes i dress normal like other guys if im bored and sad
    but if im happy i dress like a rainbow i put jewelry when i go out to the street i let all the people know HEY IM HAPPY YOU SEE ! to the point that the shiny cloth i dress really gives me stupid comments from guys about acting like a girl
    but dont give a shit about them i do find some staring on me cause i do look cute
    dress whatever you want honey no body have the right to judge you
    but as for me eveyrthing i dress goes with what i feel so im pissed off now im dressing black -.- im really silly i know ^^
    anyway i hope you know that the shirt is AMAZING god now i really want to go shopping

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2014 at 10:19 AM ----------

oh btw im not a trans im just a gay male does that make a difference :confused:

4. stormborn

dude, i love floral. it's pretty in right now, too, so i definitely think you should go for it!

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Florals are pretty sick. And every guy, cis or trans, should wear whatever he wants to. Pastels, floral patterns, jewelry, flower crowns - nothing should be limited to one gender or the other. If you want to go for it, go for it!

6. justjade

That's lovely. I'm glad you're so expressive. That's something I tend to envy in people. I've been kind of boring and safe with lots of plaid shirts and graphic tees. Yeah, they're OK, but they're not really....interesting enough for me, I guess. As far as fashion, there are a lot of things that still make me nervous, so kudos for being you. :slight_smile:

By the way, I'm so buying that shirt now. :grin: I just love how different it looks from things I see guys wearing around.

And, no, it doesn't matter that you're not trans. I want this to be open to bio males, too, to see what you guys wear and what you don't.

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 12:13 PM ----------

I know, right? :grin: Floral is the bomb!

I thought about getting a floral button-front to wear under my hoodies, too.

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 12:15 PM ----------

Yes! Thank you! Fellas, there are no clothes that are male-exclusive anymore. Women can wear anything. So now the question is, why can't we? Let's take some liberties, dudes! (!)

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 12:22 PM ----------

And furthermore, when it comes to black tie events, ladies have all these gown options, shoes, jewelry, hairstyles, and what do we get? Tuxedos. Only the truly daring venture outside the black tux and bow tie with a white shirt, and even then, some don't stray far.

I'm not hatin' on ladies. I'm just sayin'. And not that I want to wear a gown or do my hair. I just wish guys' formal attire had more options.

7. stormborn

i definitely want a floral tie. i think that'd be awesome and spice up a boring old suit.

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Do you know of any other feminine men's clothing stores online? Or any brand that sells really off beat clothes? Or is it Just SSLR?

9. justjade

Floral tie? That would be badass. :grin:

---------- Post added 24th Jun 2014 at 08:00 PM ----------

It's hard to find offbeat clothes, especially from reliable brands, I've noticed. Of course, then again, it depends on what you mean by offbeat, too. For me, it's whimsical and somewhat trendy. But anyway, there are Asian brands like Zeagoo and Doublju that have stores on Amazon. As I said before, I ordered a shirt from Zeagoo and didn't have any problems, but based on the reviews, getting the correct product in a timely fashion is a rare experience. You can give it a shot, but it's one of those things you do at your own risk.

I have trouble finding things that are un-conservative enough for me that aren't too crazy at the same time. The thing is, when searching for more offbeat items, you have to be kind of specific. Otherwise, you'll end up weeding through countless options and still most likely come up empty. If you're into a more laid-back look, Pacsun has some good stuff, though.