1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused me :0

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sparkles98, Jun 21, 2014.

1. sparkles98

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, to start off I must say that I'm pretty confused about my sexual orientation and Im just wondering if it's normal for a 16 year old female? I remember dreading the fact that I was a girl when I was much younger and I somewhat wished I was a boy instead because I thought that being a girl was rather troublesome (periods etc).Furthermore, I had a couple of crushes on females and I even tried to touch my cousin's breasts when I was a was 9~10 years old (probably curious or sth, well idk :lol: ) .Anyways, I'm much more comfortable with my gender now as a teen and I seldom have thoughts about wanting to be a boy anymore.Just that I found myself to be attracted to both girls and guys! I noticed that the girl crushes are usually more intense and last longer.I do find guys hotter than girls most of the times but when it comes to sexual fantasies /dreams , I seem to be able to picture both genders in my head.Also, I am kind of curious to know what it feels like to make out with a girl and have a girlfriend basically :slight_smile:, though I must say that I'm also interested in getting a boyfriend but I think I find the idea of making out with a girl way more fun somehow :kiss: .So do you think it would be accurate to 'label' myself as bisexual as this point of time?Or perhaps I Should i try dating both genders first before I determine my sexuality? Oh and I have never dated before but ofc I do get the urge to do so( later on in the future , studies first :slight_smile: ).

2. stormborn

it is definitely normal to be questioning/exploring your sexuality at 16 :slight_smile:

sexuality is definitely fluid -- many people, over the course of their life, label themselves as many different things. if you feel comfortable putting a label on yourself right now, then go for it! you can always adopt a new label later. if you don't feel comfortable with a label, then don't. :slight_smile:

3. goldenbatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am a male 17 year old going through the same problem. So I understand where you are coming from. I really have nothing to add just supportive thoughts and understanding in you situation. All the best... goldenbatman